Designed to give new project managers & project team members the essential tools they need to deliver successful projects. We cover the complete project lifecycle, from initiating, through project planning & execution, to project close-out.
- Course Outline
After 15 years of successful delivery and with more than 12,000 successful participants, we have recently launched an all new and improved verison of this course.
This is our most popular course designed to give new project managers and project team members the essential tools they need to deliver successful projects. We cover the complete project lifecycle, from initiating, through project planning and execution, and to project close-out.
As well as a great learning experience for an individual, it is also suited for “jump-starting” an entire project team about to embark on a project. Like our other courses, it can be “customized” to your organization's environment.
Participants will gain practical knowledge and skills to be able to:
* Use the terminology and processes of modern project management – project scope, time, cost, and communications management.
* Prepare a Project Charter and Project Plan.
* Facilitate team discussions in preparing project plans and in executing projects.
* Utilize project management templates.
* Value the benefits of a consistent project management method.
Who Should Attend
The Project Management Essentials course is suitable for individuals who are:
* Responsible for managing smaller projects.
* Participants on a project team of any size, especially those who have not yet been exposed to the tools, techniques and terminology of formal project management.
What you will Learn
Introduction and PM Context
* Portfolios, programs, projects
* Project success, project life cycles
* Workshops: Project priorities, project success
Initiating the Project
* Stakeholders and requirements
* Project team, working in a matrix
* Workshops: Project stakeholders, project charter
Planning the Project
* Work breakdown structure
* Project Change Control
* Communications planning
* Project Risk Management
* Critical path scheduling
* Workshops: WBS, critical path scheduling, change control, project communications plan, risk management, project schedule
* Roles and responsibilities
* Scope management
* Conflict management
* Leadership and motivation
* Schedule control
* Cost Control
* Workshops: roles and responsibilities, conflict management, schedule updates, reporting and control
* Closing and lessons learned
* Workshops: lessons learned
- Prerequisites & Certificates
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand- alone course.
PDUs/CEUs:21 You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, exercises and suggested solutions.
- Cancellation Policy
A 20% cancellation fee applies for cancellations received up to fourteen (14) business days before the course. Any cancellation up to five (5) business days before the course is subject to the entire course fee, which you may apply toward a future course for a one year period (subject to availability). The course fee is non-transferrable and non refundable five (5) business days prior to the scheduled delivery date.
Please note that if you do not cancel and do not attend, you will still be responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time. If Procept finds it necessary to cancel a course due to low enrolment, a full refund will be made. Procept will not be responsible for participant's expenses.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1841 times.