This is a continuation of basic features for daily accounting tasks using Simply & will introduce some of the more advanced functions. Students will look at how to create files, deal with more advanced tasks for receivables, payables, inventory & payroll
- Course Outline
This courseware is a continuation of basic features for daily accounting tasks using Simply and will introduce some of the more advanced functions and capabilities of Simply. Students will look at how to create files, and deal with more advanced tasks for receivables, payables, inventory and payroll.
Who should attend:
Students with an accounting background and have taken Simply Level 1 or have equivalent experience.
Lesson 1 Setting Up Data Files and Customizing Settings
- Creating New Company Data Files
- Adding Accounts to the GL
- Entering GL Opening Balances
- Entering Customer Opening Balances
- Entering Vendor Opening Balances
- Entering Inventory Opening Balances
- Finish Entering Historical Data
- Setting up Sales Taxes
- Bank Account Reconciliation
- Changing the Sales Tax
- Set up sales on Credit/debit card
- Enter Customer Sales on Credit Card
- Reconciling the Credit Card Account for Purchases
- Adding Passwords & Security
- Handing Project/Department Accounting
- Managing Inventory
- Checking the Tax Tables
- Payroll Item List
- Pay Cheque Deductions
- Employee Benefits
- Updating Employee Payroll Records
- Allocating Payroll Expenses to Project/Department
- Generating a Payroll Run
- Remitting payroll
- Employee Departures
- Generating T4 Slips
- Personal Tax Credits
- Handling Direct Deposit
- Setting up Foreign Currency
- Making Purchases in Foreign Currency
- Pricing Inventory and Services
- Setting up Sales
- Reporting Tax Information on General Journal Transaction
- Preparing Customer Statements
- Charging Interest on Overdue Accounts
- NSF Cheques
- Handling Bad Dept
- GST, PST, WCB remittances
- Management Reports
- Importing Data
- Time Slips
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students should be familiar with the following skills & accounting terms. If unfamiliar, it is strongly recommended that Level 1 be completed prior to taking this course.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellation Policy & Satisfaction Guarantee
You may cancel or reschedule your registration without penalty up to 5 business days before your class date.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located at 950 - 167 Lombard Avenue, in Exchange District. A training manual is provided. We encourage all students to bring in a USB stick for student files as we no longer hand out course files on a CD.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located in the picturesque downtown Exchange District at 950-167 Lombard Avenue, in the Grain Exchange Building, you can access the building from Rorie Street and Lombard Avenue.
Class Times and Other Details
ASAP Training Ltd. classes begin promptly at 8:30 am and end around 4:00 pm. Our doors open at 8:00 am. Coffee and tea are provided for students. We have a kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator available for student use if they wish to bring their own lunch. Lunch break is one hour from approximately 11:30 to 12:30. A telephone and sitting area are available for student use. Our office is a non-smoking facility and is wheelchair accessible.
There are many restaurants available within walking distance of the school.
For your convenience, we have also provided a map of the available Parking Lots in proximity to the Grain Exchange Building, indoor and outdoor parking.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2071 times.