This clinic provides students with the knowledge and skill to design the data tier for Microsoft SQL ServerT 2005.
- Course Outline
This clinic provides students with the knowledge and skill to design the data tier for Microsoft® SQL ServerT 2005.
Lesson 1: Choosing Data Access Technologies and an Object Model
- Introduction to Data Access Technologies
- Choosing Technologies for Accessing Data
- Building a Data Access Layer
- Designing Data Access from SQL Common Language Runtime (CLR) Objects
- Available Data Object Models for Administering SQL Server
- Exception Types and Their Purposes
- Detecting Exceptions
- Managing Exceptions
- Common Scenarios for Row-based vs. Set-based Operations
- Selecting Appropriate Server-side Cursors
- Selecting Appropriate Client-side Cursors
- Introduction to MARS
- Designing Query Strategies for Multiple Reads
- Designing Query Strategies for Mixing Reads and Writes in the Same Connection
- Concurrency Considerations When Using MARS
- Why Caching Is Important
- Data and Query Caching in SQL Server 2005
- Using Caching Technologies Outside of SQL Server
- Custom Caching Techniques
- Identifying the Need to Scale
- Scaling Database Applications to Avoid Concurrency Contention
- Scaling SQL Server Database Systems
- Scaling Database Applications Using a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Improving Availability and Scalability by Scaling Out Front-End Systems
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Have a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 credential or equivalent experience - 2780 Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database - 2779 Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database - 2778 Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Transact-SQL
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course will be fully refunded less a $75 processing fee. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
Acend Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 330 times.