This is a dynamic, full-day workshop that shows how to structure the legal aspects of the business; finance the start-up; set up the financial & operational systems; & how to name the practice & launch marketing initiatives to get work in the door!
- Course Outline
Going out on your own is a dream for many professionals. However, the road from dream to reality can be bewildering, with many decisions and choices you may not be prepared for.
Setting up your practice properly, before you are really busy with client work, will spell the difference between a great new adventure or a stressful career experience.
Starting Your Own Firm is a dynamic, full-day workshop that shows how to structure the legal aspects of the business; finance the start-up; set up the financial and operational systems; and lastly: how to name the practice and launch marketing initiatives to get work in the door!
You will Learn: How to approach your practice strategically
- Why are you going out on your own?
- Where are you headed & what would you like to achieve?
- How much money would you like to earn?
- Do you have what it takes to run your own practice?
- Buying vs. launching your own firm
- Choosing partners
- Choosing your practice structure & legal framework - i.e. sole proprietorship, corporation or LLC
- Federal, provincial and municipal registrations and permits
- Due diligence to ensure compliance with professional regulations and standards
- Protecting your business and intellectual property with effective & user-friendly contracts
- Privacy legislation - the PIPEDA Act
- Computer Safety
- Practice back-ups and continuity preparedness
- Financing the office set up and practice operations
- How to set up the banking and financial administration system
- Assembling an effective financial support team
- How to create a budget and profit plan and cash flow management system
- Practice management systems, protocols and standards
- Client & case management protocols and standards
- File management protocols and standards [for lawyers]
- Choosing a name for the firm
- Developing a brand strategy & writing key messages
- Developing a graphic identity and branded practice and marketing tools
- Setting up a website
- Establishing a marketing budget & marketing tactic mix
- Professionals who are thinking of launching their own practice
- Professionals who are in the process of setting up their own practice and would like to ensure they've 'covered every base'.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Registration fee includes: Light lunch & break refreshments The workshop Program manual This workshop qualifies for 0.8 ARIDO and OAA self-directed credits.
- Cancellation Policy
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 340 times.