In this dynamic 3-hour workshop, participants will learn about the various factors used to assess the value of their practice, review available choices for succession planning, & study strategies for building value into their professional services firm.
- Course Outline
Are you planning for ownership succession or looking to acquire an interest in or all of a firm?
If so, do you know how much the firm is worth and what your exit and purchase options are?
Selling or buying a professional services firm is a complex process. Understanding how the value of a firm is calculated, the process for buying and selling a firm, and how to boost a firm’s value will ensure you procure the best possible price or enhance the return on your investment.
Planning for Succession In the next 5 years 40% of Canadian entrepreneurs will retire. One third of those retiring expect retirement income from the sale of their business, yet 60% of owners aged 55 to 64 have no exit plan.
In this dynamic three-hour workshop, participants will learn about the various factors used to assess the value of their practice, review available choices for succession planning, and study strategies for building value into their professional services firm.
- What will the market look like when you retire?
- Assessing the value of your practice: assets and goodwill
- Creating new value by expansion and/or diversification
- Debt payment and benefits of diversifying investments
- What's involved in selling a practice
- Selling to a partner or an associate
- Development of a family member or members
- Continuing until death
- A look at typical succession planning activities over 10 years through three case studies
- Factors involved in selling a practice
- Possible exit strategies
- Financing considerations and financial opportunities
- How the value of the practice is assessed
- How to create new value by expansion and/or diversification and other strategies for adding value to your firm
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Registration Fee Includes detailed workshop manual and refreshments
- Cancellation Policy
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 419 times.