You will log on to Windows 7, explore its interface, identify the different components in the interface, customize the Windows 7 desktop, manage files and folders, use the common tools and programs available in Windows 7, and browse the Internet.
- Course Start Date: Nov. 14
- Location: Vancouver
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 Day
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Microsoft Windows
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Course Objective: You will log on to Windows 7, explore its interface, identify the different components of the interface, customize the Windows 7 desktop, manage files and folders, use the common tools and programs available in Windows 7, and browse the Internet.
Target Student: This course is designed for any worker, business professional, or private individual who needs knowledge in operating systems and file management skills.Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Log on to Windows 7, explore its interface and identify the different components present in the interface
- Customize the Windows 7 desktop
- Manage files and folders
- Use the common tools and programs available in Windows 7
- Browse the Internet
- Section 1: Exploring Windows 7
- Topic 1A: Identify Personal Computer Functionality
- Topic 1B: Log On to Windows 7
- Topic 1C: Explore the Desktop
- Topic 1E: Access the Help and Support Features
- Tpoic 1F: Turn Off the Personal Computer
- Section 2: Customizing the Windows 7 Desktop
- Topic 2A: Customize the Start menu
- Topic 2B: Customize the Taskbar
- Topic 2C: Personalize the Desktop
- Topic 2D: Add Gadgets to the Desktop
- Section 3: Managing Folders and Files
- Topic 3A: navigate to Folders Using Windows Explorer
- Topic 3B: Work with Folders and Files
- Topic 3C: Secure Folders and Files
- Topic 3D: Organize Folders and Files
- Topic 3E: Search for Folders and Files
- Section 4: Using Common Tools and Programs in Windows 7
- Topic 4A: Create a Document in WordPad
- Topic 4B: Work with the Calculator
- Topic 4C: Capture Screens Using the Snipping Tool
- Topic 4D: Customize a Graphic with the Paint Tool
- Section 5: Browsing the Internet
- Topic 5A: Get Familiar with the Internet
- Topic 5B: Browse Websites Using Internet Explorer 8
- Topic 5C: Download and Install a Gadget
- Appendix A: Windows 7 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Appendix B: Personal Computer Basics
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To ensure your success in this course, we recommend that you take up the Introduction to Personal Computers course available at ElementK or possess equivalent experience.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Should you postpone or cancel your course you must give 5 business days notice.
- Map & Reviews
On Track Computer Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
On Track Computer Training Center
885 West Georgia St.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V6C 3E8
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 8 times.