Microsoft Office Word is full of tools and capabilities that can help improve the quality of your academic work. With this software you can type and organize lecture or research notes, create and edit professional-looking reports and papers, & many more.
- Course Outline
Microsoft Office Word is full of tools and capabilities that can help improve the quality of your academic work. With this software you can type and organize lecture or research notes, create and edit professional-looking reports and papers, effortlessly add endnotes and footnotes, and import graphs and charts from other applications.
- Understand and use the new interface
- Change Theme colours, fonts, and effects
- Insert and create Building Blocks in Word 2007
- Understand the new file formats
- Convert older file formats to the new ones and vice versa
- Use the To-Do Bar in Outlook 2007
- Preview attachments in Outlook 2007
- Use Instant Search and the Query Builder to quickly find items in Outlook 2007
- Understand and subscribe to RSS Feeds
- Set up and apply colour categories in Outlook 2007
- Create and modify Tables in Excel 2007
- Create and modify Charts in Excel 2007
- Apply Layouts and Design Themes to slides in PowerPoint 2007
- Use Master Slides in PowerPoint 2007
- Create custom Layouts in PowerPoint 2007
- Section 1 - The New Interface
- Using the Ribbon
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Using the Office Menu
- Using the Mini Toolbar
- Using the Status Bar
- Section 2 - Themes
- What are Themes?
- Applying Themes
- Changing Theme Colours
- Changing Theme Fonts
- Changing Theme Effects
- Section 3 - New and Enhanced Features in Word 2007
- What are Building Blocks?
- Inserting Cover Pages
- Inserting Watermarks
- Inserting Quick Parts
- Creating Custom Quick Parts
- Using the Building Blocks Organizer
- Understanding the New File Formats
- Converting Files to the New File Format
- Setting Compatibility Options
- Installing the Compatibility Pack
- Publishing Files to PDF
- Section 3 - New and Enhanced Features in Outlook 2007
- Using the To-Do Bar
- Using the Attachment Previewer
- Installing and Using Instant Search
- Using the Query Builder
- What is RSS?
- Subscribing to RSS Feeds
- Setting up Colour Categories
- Assigning Colour Categories to Items
- Creating Category Search Folders
- Section 3 - New and Enhanced Features in Excel 2007
- What is a Table?
- Creating and Modifying Tables
- Using the Total Row
- Sorting Data in a Table
- Using AutoFilter
- Creating Custom Filters
- Creating and Modifying Charts
- Applying AutoShapes
- Changing the Source Data
- Section 3 - New and Enhanced Features in PowerPoint 2007
- What happened to the Task Pane?
- Using Layouts
- Applying Design Themes to Slides
- Using Master Slides
- Creating Custom Layouts
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Experience with Microsoft Word 2003, Microsoft Excel 2003, Microsoft PowerPoint 2003, & Microsoft Outlook 2003
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Should you postpone or cancel your course you must give 5 business days notice.
- Map & Reviews
On Track Computer Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1645 times.