Topics included in this 1 day course : Introduction to databases, designing from scratch, database relationships and theory, getting started with Access, tables, forms, queries and reports.
- Course Outline
Make more informed decisions by effectively tracking, reporting, and sharing information with Microsoft Access.Objectives
- Be familiar with the various objects in Access
- Explain the difference between flat file and relational databases
- Create a table design for a relational database
- Establish relationships between tables
- Work in and edit tables
- Design Forms using Form Wizard
- Design basic queries
- Design basic reports
Section 1 - Introduction to Databases
- What is a Database
- What can I do with a Database?
- The six components of an Access Database
- How is all of this possible?
- Concepts and Terminology
Section 2 - Designing from Scratch
- Deciding what to track - The first step in Design
Section 3 - Database Relationships and Theory
- Flat File Databases
- Relational Databases
- The Primary Key
- Types of relationships
- Grouping fields into tables
Section 4 - Getting Started with Access
- The Application Window
- The Database Window
Section 5 - Tables
- Creating a Table - Fields and Datatypes
- Field Properties Adding and Deleting Fields
- Working in a Table Adding and editing records
- Navigating a Table
- Creating relationships between tables
Section 6 - Forms
- What is a Form?
- Creating Forms with Form Wizard
- Using and Editing an Existing Data Form
Section 7 - Queries
- What is a Query?
- Designing a Query
- Relational Operators
- Wildcard Characters
Section 8 - Reports
- What is a Report?
- Creating Reports with Report Wizard
- Reports Based on Queries
- Prerequisites & Certificates
A thorough understanding of the Windows operating environment Strong mouse and keyboard ability
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Should you postpone or cancel your course you must give 5 business days notice.
- Map & Reviews
On Track Computer Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 634 times.