Meetings come in all shapes & sizes, from the convention to a quick huddle in an office hallway. The program will be concerned with small working meetings with groups that have a job to do requiring the energy, commitment, & talents of the participants.
- Course Outline
Meetings come in all shapes and sizes, from the convention to a quick huddle in an office hallway. The program will be concerned with small working meetings - with groups that have a job to do requiring the energy, commitment, and talents of those who participate. Members of such a group want to get some kind of result out of their time together; solving problems, setting goals or priorities, or simply defining with each other some mutual needs and fears and hopes. At its best, such a group knows what it is about, and knows and utilizes the strengths of individual members.
Learning Objectives The main learning objectives of this workshop are to have participants:
* Understand the value of meetings as a management tool
* Recognize the critical planning steps that make meeting time more effective
* Know how to ensure the desired outcome is achieved
* Be able to identify the steps to take to create an open and safe forum for discussion
* Be able to establish a solid and results-focused meeting process and know how to use process tools
* Know how to utilize the expertise and experience of participants and maximize participation
* Understand various meeting roles
* Develop and practice techniques for handling counterproductive behaviour
Course Outline 1. The Basics for Effective Meetings
2. Types of meetings
3. The Best and Worst of Meetings
* Characteristics of Effectiveness/Ineffectiveness
4. Preparing For Meetings
* Laying the groundwork
* Deciding who should attend
* Developing an agenda
* Techniques for Reducing Absenteeism/Late Arrivals
* Prepartion Checklist
5. Leading a Meeting
* Information or Opinion-Seeking & Giving
* Consensus Testing
6. The Role of Group Leader
* Expressing Group Feelings
* Valuing Ideas
7. Process and Content
8. The Role of the Facilitator
* Characteristics of the Role
9. Controlling meetings
* Difficult behaviours
10. Review/Personal Action Plan
Methodology * Large group discussions
* Individual work and reflection
* Small group discussion, exercises and activities
* Case studies
* Simulations / Role-plays
Who Should Attend * Employees
* New/Aspiring Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers
* Current Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Commitment of resources and industry standards require that we be notified of any cancellation. As such, you may reschedule any training course up to five (5) working days before the actual training date. Simply call us, and we send you a new registration confirmation without extra charge. If training is rescheduled less than five (5) working days before the training date, a rescheduling fee of 50% of the course fee will be invoiced.
The latest time we accept rescheduling is until noon on the working day before
the training date. "No-shows" without prior notification are charged as if you had attended the course. There are no refunds. We reserve the right to cancel any course and reschedule if attendance is not sufficient to run the course. In this case you will be notified, usually five (5) working days or more prior to the
training day and the training is rescheduled.
- Map & Reviews
Careers in Transition
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 282 times.