- Dreamweaver Training Courses
- Macromedia Dreamweaver 8: ColdFusion Application Development - 3 Days
In this course, you’ll learn how to connect to a database, search and display results, & build a page to update the database. If you’ve always dreamed of building a more advanced, data-powered site, but didn't know where to start, this course is for you.
- Course Outline
Macromedia Dreamweaver 8: ColdFusion Application Development provides students with the knowledge and hands-on practice they need to build and manage dynamic websites using Dreamweaver and ColdFusion. In this course, you’ll learn how to connect to a database, search and display results, and build a page to update the database. If you’ve always dreamed of building a more advanced, data-powered site, but didn't know where to start, then this course is for you.
This course is for people new to Dreamweaver (or who have used it only to build static web sites) that want to use it to create data-driven web applications.
Unit 1 - Introducing the Course
- Understanding the course format
- Reviewing the course objectives and prerequisites
- Looking at the course outline
Unit 2 - Getting Started
- Understanding static vs. dynamic pages
- Introducing ColdFusion
- Working with sites in Dreamweaver
- Learning Dreamweaver interface basics
- Developing dynamic pages
- Including common code
Unit 3 - Using the Database Panel
- Using databases on the web
- Creating a database connection
- Using the Database panel
- Using the Bindings panel to create a simple recordset
- Creating an advanced recordset using joins
Unit 4 - Binding Data to a Page
- Binding data to a page
- Using Live Data View
- Formatting data using the Bindings panel
- Inserting a dynamic image
Unit 5 - Customizing Recordset Display
- Introducing Server Behaviors
- Displaying all rows in a recordset using Repeat Region
- Introducing Application Objects
- Using the Recordset Navigation Bar to page through recordsets
- Displaying Recordset Navigation Status
- Using the Server Debug View
Unit 6 - Creating Drill-down Interfaces
- Creating a drill-down interface
- Generating dynamic links
- Using dynamic filters in SQL
- Using the Dynamic Table Application Object
- Creating a master-detail page set
Unit 7 - Creating a Search Interface
- Reviewing HTML Forms
- Creating dynamically populated drop-down menus
- Creating filtered recordsets
Unit 8 - Inserting Rows into a Table
- Creating a form and using the Insert Record Server Behavior
- Validating form data using Behaviors
- Creating dynamic form elements
- Using the Recordset Insertion Form Application Object
Unit 9 - Updating Rows
- Creating an interface for updating data
- Displaying results in a table using the Dynamic Table Application Object
- Creating a pre-filled form for the row to update
- Using URL parameters
- Using the Record Update Form Application Object
- Manually creating a form and applying an Update Record Server Behavior
Unit 10 - Deleting Rows
- Understanding the delete process
- Creating a delete confirmation page
- Passing hidden data in a form
- Using a SQL Delete statement
- Using the Delete Row Application Object
Unit 11 - Authenticating Users
- Setting and retrieving cookies
- Authenticating users with a web application
- Building the registration pages
- Building the log-in page
- Creating a ColdFusion Application.cfm
- Restricting access to pages
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To take this course, you should: * Be comfortable working with the Windows or Macintosh operating system. * Be familiar with web terminology. * Be comfortable with what is required to develop a static web application. * Have completed the Macromedia Dreamweaver 8: Website Development course or have equivalent experience.
Participant receive a certificate of completion. Breakfast and Lunch are included.
- Cancellation Policy
Our cancellation/reschedule policy requires notification at least 10 business days before the class start date for a full refund. Please note that you are responsible for notifying NTG of your inability to attend class or you will be invoiced for the full payment.
Should you need to cancel in less than 10 business days before the start of the class, you will be given a 100% credit towards a future class that must be taken within 6 months of the start of the original class. If you are not able to reschedule to a future class, you will be charged 50% of the upfront registration fee.
Classes are subject to cancellation by NTG up to two weeks prior to the class date. It is important to keep this in mind before you purchase a non-refundable airline ticket.
- Map & Reviews
New Toronto Group
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 294 times.