The intent of this course is to illustrate how, both conceptually and technically, Adobe© LiveCycle™ Designer can be used to create static, interactive and dynamic forms as interfaces to an intelligent automation platform.
- Course Outline
The intent of this course is to illustrate how, both conceptually and technically, Adobe© LiveCycle™ Designer can be used to create static, interactive and dynamic forms as interfaces to an intelligent automation platform. Adobe® LiveCycle™ Designer software enables organizations to intelligently capture information to streamline form-driven business processes through automation. Whether users are online or offline, internal or external, Adobe LiveCycle Platform lets organizations deploy secure XML-based forms as Adobe PDF or HTML over any platform or device — from PCs to handhelds — without requiring any new software or plug-ins. After the completion of this course, you will be able to create static and dynamic interactive forms that can reduce data collection and processing errors, and enhance the user experience.
This course introduces and describes various techniques for using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1 to create electronic forms that can complement, or supercede, other means of collecting and presenting enterprise data. The course first introduces the basics of form design and describes how to design your forms for efficient data exchange. As the course progresses, more advanced techniques are covered that enable you to add intelligence to your form and to create dynamic layouts that react to the data or to user interactions.
NOTE: This course provides the training required for users of Acrobat 8 on how to build forms using the Form Building component of Acrobat 8.
This is a Fundamentals-level course and intended for:
- Form Designers
- Form Developers
Module 1: Designing Forms with Designer
- Describe the Designer environment and the use of Master and Body Pages to create form designs.
- Create a static, interactive form by positioning and configuring objects from the Object Library Standard and Custom tabs.
- Describe how a form design is defined using XML.
- Set the Designer environment properties, given general and specific form requirements.
Module 2: Designing Forms for Data Exchange
- Describe ways in which data can be added to a form and extracted from a form, and describe how data relates to a form design developed in Designer.
- Create a form design using a data description file by binding existing form objects to, and creating new objects from, an XML schema.
- Bind form objects to a web service and describe how to bind form objects to a OLEDB database.
- Bind dynamic object properties to a data source using complex binding.
Module 3: Adding Business Logic with Scripts
- Discover the components of Designer’s scripting environment, and write basic scripts.
- Discover, and interact with, the XFA Object Model to successfully write scripts using XFA.
- Implement validation for rules on form data.
- Debug scripting errors using different techniques.
- Implement advanced scripting techniques in form design.
Module 4: Creating Dynamic Forms
- Describe dynamic forms and describe how they can be used to accommodate for sizing based on merged or imported data.
- Discover why subforms are necessary for dynamic forms.
- Describe the benefits of using tables for dynamic forms and describe how tables are implemented in subforms.
- Explore the ways merged data impacts the layout of dynamic forms.
- Explore the importance of, and list the advantages to, formatting dynamic forms.
- Describe how user interactions can impact the layout of dynamic forms.
- Describe how subform sets can group subforms and provide scenarios for when this might be applicable.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Completion and Course Manual Provided
- Cancellation Policy
Our cancellation/reschedule policy requires notification at least 10 business days before the class start date for a full refund. Please note that you are responsible for notifying NTG of your inability to attend class or you will be invoiced for the full payment.
Should you need to cancel in less than 10 business days before the start of the class, you will be given a 100% credit towards a future class that must be taken within 6 months of the start of the original class. If you are not able to reschedule to a future class, you will be charged 50% of the upfront registration fee.
Classes are subject to cancellation by NTG up to two weeks prior to the class date. It is important to keep this in mind before you purchase a non-refundable airline ticket.
- Map & Reviews
New Toronto Group
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 187 times.