Windows Presentation Foundation is a GUI toolkit introduced with .NET 3.0. This course will examine this new programming API beginning with the topics of XAML, code files & WPF development tools. Learn about the WPF control programming model, styles...
- Course Outline
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is a GUI toolkit introduced with .NET 3.0. Fast Track to WPF Development will examine this new programming API beginning with the topics of XAML, code files and WPF development tools. Attendees will learn about the WPF control programming model, styles and control templates, data binding, graphical rendering services and the construction of navigationally-based applications. As well, attendees will gain hands on experience using both Visual Studio and Microsoft Expression Blend to build WPF applications.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
• Understand the WPF programming model with and without XAML
• Learn to build custom user controls
• Work with WPF data binding
• Work with animation and graphical rendering
• Learn to use Expression Blend to build WPF user interfaces
Audience: This class is intended for experienced .NET 2.0 software developers. No knowledge of WPF is assumed.
Course Outline Lesson 1: Introducing WPF
- Understand the motivation behind WPF
- Examine the various ‘flavors' of WPF applications
- Overview the services provided by WPF
- Examine the core WPF assemblies and namespaces
- Work with the Window and Application class types
- Learn the syntax of XAML
- Understand the XAML / code relationship
- Survey the core WPF control types
- Review the WPF control programming model
- Learn to position controls using layout managers
- Understand the role of WPF control commands
- Work with the WPF Ink API
- Use Microsoft Expression Blend to build user interfaces
- Understand the scope of the WPF documents API
- Distinguish between fixed documents and flow documents
- Populate a document with inline and block elements
- Work with the WPF document APIs
- Understand the scope of WPFs graphical rendering services
- Work with the Shape types
- Work with Brushes and Pens
- Apply graphical transformations
- Understand the role of geometries and drawings
- Work with the visual programming layer
- Learn to manage binary resources
- Understand the role of logical resources
- Work with resources in XAML and procedural code
- Work with resource dictionaries
- Understand the resource lookup mechanism
- Know the role of dynamic resources
- Learn how to make use of system resources
- Use Microsoft Expression Blend to manage logical resources
- Learn how to define and apply WPF styles
- Learn to limit where a style can be applied
- Build new styles based on existing styles
- Understand the use of triggers
- Understand the scope of WPF's animation services
- Define animations in code and XAML
- Work with linear interpolation animations
- Work with key-frame-based animations
- Work with path-based animations
- Implement hit testing and drag-and-drop functionality
- Understand the WPF data binding mechanism
- Make use of data binding operations in XAML and code
- Bind to custom objects
- Create data conversion routines
- Understand the relationship between WPF logical and visual trees
- Learn to build custom control templates
- Build templates which make use of triggers
- Know your choices for control customization
- Create custom UserControls
- Understand the ContentPresenter class
- Understand the TemplateBinding markup extension
- Understand the role of dependency properties
- Understand the role of routed events
- Understand the role of navigational-based applications
- Work with the NavigationWindow and Page types
- Manage the history journal
- Understand and create XBAP applications
- Examine XBAP security issues
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Understanding of Object Oriented Programming using C# or VB .NET 2.0 development experience.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Our cancellation/reschedule policy requires notification at least 10 business days before the class start date for a full refund. Please note that you are responsible for notifying NTG of your inability to attend class or you will be invoiced for the full payment.
Should you need to cancel in less than 10 business days before the start of the class, you will be given a 100% credit towards a future class that must be taken within 6 months of the start of the original class. If you are not able to reschedule to a future class, you will be charged 50% of the upfront registration fee.
Classes are subject to cancellation by NTG up to two weeks prior to the class date. It is important to keep this in mind before you purchase a non-refundable airline ticket.
- Map & Reviews
New Toronto Group
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 340 times.