Word processing is the use of computers to create, revise, and save documents for printing and future retrieval. This course will provide you with the basic concepts required to produce basic business documents.
- Course Outline
Word processing is the use of computers to create, revise, and save documents for printing and future retrieval. This course is the first in a series of three Microsoft® Office Word 2010 courses. It will provide you with the basic concepts required to produce basic business documents.
Course Objective: You will create, edit, and enhance standard business documents using Microsoft® Office Word 2010.
Target Student: This course is intended for individuals who want to gain basic knowledge of working on Word. Individuals who want to pursue Microsoft Certified Application Specialist certification in Microsoft Office Word 2010 can also take this course.
Lesson 1: Creating a Basic Word Document
- Topic 1A: Identify the Elements of the User Interface
- Topic 1B: Customize the Word Environment
- Topic 1C: Enter Text in a Document
- Topic 1D: Save a Document
- Topic 1E: Open a Document in Different View Modes
- Topic 1F: Print a Document
- Topic 1G: Obtain Help in Word
Lesson 2: Editing a Word Document
- Topic 2A: Navigate Through a Document and Select Text
- Topic 2B: Modify Text
- Topic 2C: Undo Text Changes
- Topic 2D: Find and Replace Text
Lesson 3: Formatting Text in a Word Document
- Topic 3A: Change Font Styles
- Topic 3B: Highlight Text in a Document
Lesson 4: Formatting Paragraphs in a Word Document
- Topic 4A: Set Tabs to Align Text
- Topic 4B: Modify the Layout of a Paragraph
- Topic 4C: Create Lists
- Topic 4D: Apply Borders and Shading
- Topic 4E: Apply Styles
- Topic 4F: Manage Formatting
Lesson 5: Inserting Tables in a Word Document
- Topic 5A: Create a Table
- Topic 5B: Modify a Table
- Topic 5C: Format a Table
- Topic 5D: Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 6: Inserting Special Characters and Graphical Objects
- Topic 6A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Topic 6B: Insert Illustrations in a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling the Appearance of the Pages in a Word Document
- Topic 7A: Control the Layout of a Page
- Topic 7B: Apply a Page Border and Color
- Topic 7C: Add Watermarks
- Topic 7D: Add Headers and Footers
Lesson 8: Proofreading a Word Document
- Topic 8A: Check Spelling and Grammar
- Topic 8B: Use the Thesaurus
- Topic 8C: Customize the AutoCorrect Options
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Previous knowledge of this application is not required. Participants should have basic Windows operating skills (Computers 101 class or equivalent). This includes understanding the basic operation of a mouse and keyboard, being able to navigate the Windows hierarchy, as well as being able to open and close files in an application.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Students are required to give notice if they are unable to attend their class:
2 weeks (10 full business days) or longer prior to training date = full refund
1 to 2 weeks (5 - 9 full business days) prior to training date = 50% of course fee refund
Less than 1 week (4 full business days or fewer) prior to training date = 0% refund
NOTE: You may substitute classes or students at any time.
- Map & Reviews
New Era Technology Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1800 times.