In order to make the transition from Office 2003 to 2010 smoother, you'll explore the components of the new results oriented interface across several of the most popular applications in the Office 2010 suite. Compatibility of documents between version..
- Course Start Date: Aug. 26
- Location: Calgary
- Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: Half Day
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Office Miscellaneous Training Seminars
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
In order to make the transition from Office 2003 to 2010 smoother, you will explore the components of the new results oriented interface across several of the most popular applications in the Office 2010 suite. Compatibility of documents between versions, customizing the interface, and a variety of new improvements over classic functionality will be discussed.
An emphasis will be placed on the functionality found within PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
*Note: While the course will demonstrate examples from various programs, it is not a replacement for standard level training. For a more in depth exploration into these and other programs making up the office suite, there are a number of application specific sessions available.
I – Introduction
1. The ‘Ribbon’
2. Quick Access toolbar
II - MS Word
1. File Tab / Backstage View
2. Window appearance menu
3. Quick access toolbar
4. ‘Live preview’
5. How to create PDFs
6. Opening and Saving documents – compatibility between versions
8. How to use styles, Headers and Footers
10. Navigation Pane
11. Coauthoring Documents
12. Inserting Screenshots
III – MS Excel
1. Reinforce from what’s seen in Word (1,2,3,4)
2. Review Tabs
3. Tables. Table styles. Smart art. Enhanced graphics
6. Enhanced tool tips
7. Formulas, functions
8. Pivot tables and Macros
9. Trust center alerts
12. Coauthoring Workbooks
IV – MS Outlook
1. Review Ribbon
2. Previewing attachment
3. Searching for emails – instant and advanced
4. Out of Office assistant
5. Conversation View
6. Sharing Calendar and Contacts
7. Scheduling assistant and finding free time
8. Quick Steps
V – MS Power Point
1. Review Ribbon
2. Live preview
3. Enhanced tooltips
4. New templates and designs, Styles, Galleries
5. Working with presentation views. Slide show.
6. Image editing (Artistic Effects, Remove Background from an Image)
7. Animation Painter
8. Organizing Slides into Sections
9. Insert Video (Embedding, Trimming, Bookmarking)
10. Export presentation as a video
VI – Q & A
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Participants should have previous knowledge of Office 2003 applications. Participants should have basic Windows operating skills (Computers 101 class or equivalent). This includes understanding the basic operation of a mouse and keyboard, being able to navigate the Windows hierarchy, as well as being able to open and close files in an application.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Students are required to give notice if they are unable to attend their class:
2 weeks (10 full business days) or longer prior to training date = full refund
1 to 2 weeks (5 - 9 full business days) prior to training date = 50% of course fee refund
Less than 1 week (4 full business days or fewer) prior to training date = 0% refund
NOTE: You may substitute classes or students at any time.
- Map & Reviews
New Era Technology Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
New Era Technology Centre
#300, 633 - 6th Ave S.W., Ford Tower
Canada T2P 2Y5
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer.
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 12 times.