The Level 1 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include designing and creating new databases, tables, and relationships; creating and maintaining records; locating records; & producing reports based on the information in the database.
- Date: Jun. 10
- Location: Calgary
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Access Training Seminars and Courses
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Most organizations maintain and manage large amounts of information. One of the most efficient and powerful information management computer applications is the relational database. Information can be stored, linked, and managed using a single relational database application and its associated tools. In this course, you will be introduced to the concept of the relational database by using the Microsoft® Office Access 2007 relational database application and its information management tools.
This is a 2 day course designed for students who wish to learn the basic operations of the Access 2007 database program to perform their day-to-day responsibilities, and to understand the advantages that using a relational database program can bring to their business processes. The Level 1 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include working with tables to create and maintain records, locate records, and produce reports based on the information in the database. It also provides the fundamental knowledge and techniques needed to advance to more technical Access responsibilities, such as creating and maintaining new databases.
The student will also consider how to maintain data consistency, how to customize database components, and how to share Access data with other applications.
Lesson 1: Exploring the Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007 Environment
- Topic 1A: Examine Database Concepts
- Topic 1B: Explore the User Interface
- Topic 1C: Use an Existing Access Database
- Topic 1D: Customize the Access Environment
- Topic 1E: Obtain Help
Lesson 2: Designing a Database
- Topic 2A: Describe the Relational Database Design Process
- Topic 2B: Define Database Purpose
- Topic 2C: Review Existing Data
- Topic 2D: Determine Fields
- Topic 2E: Group Fields into Tables
- Topic 2F: Normalize Data
- Topic 2G: Designate Primary and Foreign Keys
- Topic 2H: Determine Table Relationships
Lesson 3: Building a Database
- Topic 3A: Create a New Database
- Topic 3B: Create a Table
- Topic 3C: Manage Tables
- Topic 3D: Create a Table Relationship
- Topic 3E: Save a Database as a Previous Version
Lesson 4: Managing Data in a Table
- Topic 4A: Modify Table Data
- Topic 4B: Sort Records
- Topic 4C: Work with Subdatasheets
Lesson 5: Querying a Database
- Topic 5A: Filter Records
- Topic 5B: Create a Query
- Topic 5C: Add Criteria to a Query
- Topic 5D: Add a Calculated Field to a Query
- Topic 5E: Perform Calculations on a Record Grouping
Lesson 6: Designing Forms
- Topic 6A: View Data Using an Access Form
- Topic 6B: Create a Form
- Topic 6C: Modify the Design of a Form
Lesson 7: Generating Reports
- Topic 7A: View an Access Report
- Topic 7B: Create a Report
- Topic 7C: Add a Custom Calculated Field to a Report
- Topic 7D: Format the Controls in a Report
- Topic 7E: Apply an AutoFormat Style to a Report
- Topic 7F: Prepare a Report for Print
Lesson 1: Controlling Data Entry
- Topic 1A: Restrict Data Entry Using Field Properties
- Topic 1B: Establish a Pattern for Entering Field Values
- Topic 1C: Create a List of Values for a Field
Lesson 2: Joining Tables
- Topic 2A: Create Query Joins
- Topic 2B: Join Unrelated Tables
- Topic 2C: Relate Data Within a Table
Lesson 3: Creating Flexible Queries
- Topic 3A: Set Select Query Properties
- Topic 3B: Create Parameter Queries
- Topic 3C: Create Action Queries
Lesson 4: Improving Forms
- Topic 4A: Design a Form Layout
- Topic 4B: Enhance the Appearance of a Form
- Topic 4C: Restrict Data Entry in Forms
- Topic 4D: Add a Command Button to a Form
- Topic 4E: Create a Subform
Lesson 5: Customizing Reports
- Topic 5A: Organize Report Information
- Topic 5B: Format the Report
- Topic 5C: Set Report Control Properties
- Topic 5D: Control Report Pagination
- Topic 5E: Summarize Report Information
- Topic 5F: Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
- Topic 5G: Create a Mailing Label Report
Lesson 6: Sharing Data Across Applications
- Topic 6A: Import Data into Access
- Topic 6B: Export Data
- Topic 6C: Analyze Access Data in Excel
- Topic 6D: Export Data to a Text File
- Topic 6E: Merge Access Data with a Word Document
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Previous knowledge of this application is not required. Participants should have basic Windows operating skills (Computers 101 class or equivalent). This includes understanding the basic operation of a mouse and keyboard, being able to navigate the Windows hierarchy, as well as being able to open and close files in an application.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Students are required to give notice if they are unable to attend their class:
2 weeks (10 full business days) or longer prior to training date = full refund
1 to 2 weeks (5 - 9 full business days) prior to training date = 50% of course fee refund
Less than 1 week (4 full business days or fewer) prior to training date = 0% refund
NOTE: You may substitute classes or students at any time.
- Map & Reviews
New Era Technology Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
New Era Technology Centre
#300, 633 - 6th Ave S.W., Ford Tower
Canada T2P 2Y5
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer.
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 13 times.