You will create complex documents in Microsoft Office Word 2007 documents and build personalized efficiency tools in Microsoft Word 2007.
- Course Outline
In the first course in this series, Microsoft Word 2007 : Level 1, you gained all the basic skills that you need to create a wide range of standardized business documents. If you use Microsoft Word 2007 on a regular basis, then once you have mastered the basic skills, the next step is to improve your proficiency. To do so, you can customize and automate the way Microsoft Word 2007 works for you. You can also improve the quality of your work by enhancing your documents with customized Microsoft Word 2007 elements. In this course, you will create complex documents in Microsoft Word 2007 by adding components such as, customized lists, tables, charts, and graphics. You will also create personalized Microsoft Word 2007 efficiency tools.
Course Objective: You will create complex documents in Microsoft Office Word 2007 documents and build personalized efficiency tools in Microsoft Word 2007.
Target Student: This course was designed for persons who can create and modify standard business documents in Microsoft Word 2007, and who need to learn how to use Microsoft Word 2007 to create or modify complex business documents as well as customized Word efficiency tools. It will be helpful for persons preparing for the Microsoft Office Specialist exams for Microsoft Word 2007.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Microsoft Word 2007 : Level 2 is one of a series of Element K courseware titles that addresses Microsoft Office Specialist (Office Specialist) skill sets. The Office Specialist program is for individuals who use Microsoft's business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products. Certification candidates must pass one or more product proficiency exams in order to earn Office Specialist certification.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
* manage lists.
* customize tables and charts.
* customize formatting with styles and themes.
* modify pictures in a document.
* create customized graphic elements.
* insert content using Quick Parts.
* control text flow.
* use templates to automate document creation.
* perform mail merges.
* use macros to automate common tasks.
Course Content Lesson 1: Managing Lists
- Topic 1A: Sort a List
- Topic 1B: Renumber a List
- Topic 1C: Customize Lists
Lesson 2: Customizing Tables and Charts
- Topic 2A: Sort Table Data
- Topic 2B: Control Cell Layout
- Topic 2C: Perform Calculations in a Table
- Topic 2D: Create Charts
Lesson 3: Customizing Formatting with Styles and Themes
- Topic 3A: Create or Modify a Text Style
- Topic 3B: Create a Custom List or Table Style
- Topic 3C: Apply Default and Customized Document Themes
Lesson 4: Modifying Pictures
- Topic 4A: Resize a Picture
- Topic 4B: Adjust Picture Appearance Settings
- Topic 4C: Wrap Text Around a Picture
Lesson 5: Creating Customized Graphic Elements
- Topic 5A: Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
- Topic 5B: Draw Shapes
- Topic 5C: Add WordArt and Other Special Effects to Text
- Topic 5D: Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
Lesson 6: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Topic 6A: Insert Building Blocks
- Topic 6B: Create Building Blocks
- Topic 6C: Modify Building Blocks
- Topic 6D: Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
Lesson 7: Controlling Text Flow
- Topic 7A: Control Paragraph Flow
- Topic 7B: Insert Section Breaks
- Topic 7C: Insert Columns
- Topic 7D: Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
Lesson 8: Using Templates to Automate Document Creation
- Topic 8A: Create a Document Based on a Template
- Topic 8B: Create a Template
Lesson 9: Automating Mail Merges
- Topic 9A: Perform a Mail Merge
- Topic 9B: Mail Merge Envelopes and Labels
- Topic 9C: Use Word to Create a Data Source
Lesson 10: Using Macros to Automate Tasks
- Topic 10A: Perform a Task Automatically Using a Macro
- Topic 10B: Create a Macro
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students should be able to use Microsoft Word 2007 to create, edit, format, save, and print basic business documents that contain text, basic tables, and simple graphics. Students can obtain this level of skill by taking the following Element K course: * Microsoft Office Word 2007: Level 1
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Student cancellations and/or rescheduling of public courses made within TEN (10) business days or less of the course start date will be charged at 100% of the full value.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 205 times.