The ITIL Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) Certificate is a freestanding qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate.
- Course Outline
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) Certificate is a freestanding qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in Service Management as documented in the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications. The ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices in resolution and support of the Service Management Lifecycle.
PowerPoint 2003 or greater Microsoft Live ID Adobe Reader Internet access to download the Package
A dedicated ITIL Expert certified mentor will be assigned to you to ensure that you have support to successfully pass the certification exam. Our Mentors hold all ITIL Intermediate certifications. Ask us to send you a profile for your mentor.
If the student requires additional mentoring time then this can be added for a fee of $295 for half-day or $495 for full-day.
This course is accredited by EXIN and CSME.
Each Student receives a FREE ITIL V3 Foundation CBT
The target group of the ITIL Expert Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis is:
- Individuals who have attained the V3 ITIL Foundation certificate in Service Management, or the V2 Foundation plus the V3 Foundation Bridge certificate and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization.
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement program
- Operational staff involved in Event Management Process, Incident Management Process, Request Fulfilment Process, Problem Management Process, Access Management Process, Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
- Service Management as a Practice
- Service Operation Principals
- The Processes pertaining to Operational Support and Analysis across the Service Lifecycle
- Specific emphasis on the Service Operation Lifecycle processes and roles included in:
- Event Management which defines any detectable or discernible occurrence that has significance for the management of the IT Infrastructure or the delivery of an IT service
- Incident Management which has the capability to bring services back to normal operations as soon as possible, according to agreed service levels
- Request Fulfilment which fulfils a request providing quick and effective access to standard services which business staff can use to improve their productivity or the quality of business services and products
- Problem Management which prevents problems and resulting Incidents from happening, to eliminate recurring Incidents and to minimize the impact of Incidents that cannot be prevented
- Access Management which grants authorized users the right to use a service, while preventing access to non-authorized users
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- Knowledge Management
- Financial Management for IT Services, and
- IT Service Continuity Management Organizing for Service Operation which describe functions to be performed within the Service Operation and Support such as Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management
- Service Operations and Support Service Operation roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks.
Instructors: Minimum Mentor Requirements: - 20 years IT experience - All ITIL V3 Certifications - SS, SD, ST, SO, CSI, OSA, RCV, PPO, SOA, Expert - All ITIL V2 Service Manager - 10 years of ITIL training experience
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the V3 Foundation or V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate) which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
ITIL V3 Operational Support & Analysis (OSA) Certificate Professional Development Units: You will earn 4 ITIL V3 Expert Credits and 32 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
- Cancellation Policy
No refunds however you may receive a credit towards future training.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 246 times.