This workshop is intended for novice users. It provides a basic overview of SPSS for Windows. The focus will be on getting/saving data in common forms, transforming, and merging data files.
- Course Outline
This workshop is intended for novice users. It provides a basic overview of SPSS for Windows. The focus will be on getting/saving data in common forms, transforming, and merging data files. The workshop will introduce SPSS Data Editor; entering secondary data in prevailing types (text files, spreadsheets, MS Access, SPSS system/portable files); defining variable attributes; saving data files; data transformations (and computing with date and string values), data filtering/sub-setting, aggregating; combining files; and SPSS Command Syntax. Version: 17
The SPSS for Windows - An Overview
- [Editor, Output Viewer, Syntax Editor, Help Menu, Toolbar shortcuts]
Entering & Saving Data:
- [From: Keyboard, Text files, Spreadsheets, MS Access tables, SPSS Portable and saved files, saving data as common file types]
~~ [Break 10 minutes] ~~
Defining Variables -The Variable View
- [Defining attributes for numeric and character variables, copying/pasting of attributes in common, Labelled Variables and Procedure’s output]
The Transform menu
- The COMPUTE & RECODE transformation
The Data Menu -
- An overview of what it provides in general (Select Cases, Aggregating Data)
Combining Data files
- Add cases, Add Variables, Match Merge and Table Lookup
Command Syntax (Brief intro)
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Letter of Participation
- Cancellation Policy
Participants who withdraw or fail to find a substitute less than 5 business days before the start of their course will be charged a fee based on the workshop duration as follows:
- $50 --- half-day workshop
- $100 --- one-day workshop
- $150 --- two-day workshop
Participants may withdraw or transfer to a different workshop 5 business days or more before the start of the workshop at no penalty. Individuals must notify the Centre for Continuing Education in writing to withdraw from a workshop.
Substitutions for a paid registration are welcome at anytime. The Centre for Continuing Education reserves the right to substitute qualified instructors due to unforeseen circumstances
- Map & Reviews
McMaster University CCE
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 600 times.