This course is intended for Mechanical Designers. Learn about Advanced Detail Drafting & Customization. Requires prerequisite CATIA V5 Fundamentals knowledge (or equivalent).
- Course Outline
Detail Drafting (DDR) - Upon completion the student will be able to create and modify assembly and detailed drawings using various view types, dimensions, notes, and annotations. They will also be able to create, analyze, and modify the drawing using the links to products or parts.
Advanced Drafting & Customization (DRA) - In this class, participants will Benefit from hints and tips on:
- Interactive drafting
- Large assembly drawings
- Dimension generation from 3D definitions of parts
- Learn how to define standards and re-use existing start-up drawings
They will also learn how to manage drafting standard files.
2D Layout to 3D Design (LO1) - In this course you will learn how to draw benefit from 2D & 3D available in a single environment to design 3D products.
Audience Who this course is intended for: Mechanical Designers
Course Outline Detail Drafting (DDR)
Introduction to Drafting
Editing View Properties and Layouts
Dimensioning a Drawing
Finalizing the Drawing
Customizing the Drafting Workbench
Advanced Drafting & Customization (DRA)
Detail review of CATIA drafting tools available in:
- DR1: CATIA Drafting 1 Configuration
- DP2: CATIA Drawing Production 2 Configuration
- Defining Company Drawing Standards (production set)
- Setting drawing formats, symbols, start up drawings patterns according to a Company or project standards
- Setting and controlling Standard files Applications
- Reusing an existing start-up drawings
- For a generative drawing:
- Advanced filtering techniques (multi-selection of nodes and attributes of views)
- Auto-dimensioning and balloons creation
- Defining drawing formats (frame) and title block information (with and without macros)
- Integrating table values or revision information
- Customizing with VBScript
- Creating tolerance tables (automation) and managing ditto
- Recommended Methodologies for ID1,
- Hints and Tips, annotation and dress up tools (dimensions standards, text standards, FD&T standards, center line with and without reference, etc…)
2D Layout to 3D Design (LO1)
- Accessing the Workbench
- User Interface
- General Presentation
- User Settings
- Creating Projection Views
- Exporting the 2D View to 2D Layout
- Using 2D Components
- 3D Visualization and Use-Edges Capabilities
- Managing the Background Visualization
- Dressing-up the Geometry
- Creating 3D geometry from 2D geometry
- Print Capabilities
- Drawing Creation from 2D Layout
- Prerequisites & Certificates
CATIA V5 Fundamentals.
We offer small class sizes, full manuals, one workstation per student, customized courses, and up-to-date technology. Participants receive a certificate documenting their participation and completion of the training.
- Cancellation Policy
Education seats are reserved upon the receipt of payment and/or signed contract with an assigned number. Students may cancel or reschedule courses without penalty given 10-business day notification. A $750 (plus taxes) per course cancellation/rescheduling charge will apply for those receive inside a 10 days. No-shows or cancellations after start of course will be billed at full tuition. All cancellation or rescheduling refunds will be issued in the form of a Maverick Education credit note only.
- Map & Reviews
Maverick Solutions Inc.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 481 times.