This course is an advanced continuation of Solid Works Level 1. It covers advanced modeling techniques and automation of the design process.
- Course Outline
If you want to study Solidworks in depth without spending a fortune, this is the course for you. This course is an advanced continuation of Solid Works Level 1. It covers advanced modeling techniques and automation of the design process. Students will design complex 3D models, Surfaces, Sheet Metal parts, Moulds and Weldments through step-by-step lectures and hands on practice with real mechanical parts and industrial products as design samples. The course includes Finite Element Analysis simulation, a useful analysis tool applied for critical design decisions. Students will learn to create photo-real images of several design projects while applying the concept of eco-design as a focus in the design approach.
NOTE: The Soliworks full-time courses are a segment of the CAD TECHNOLOGIST DIPLOMA PROGRAM, which is approved as a Vocational Program under the Private Career College Act, 2005)
Who should attendCourse Outline
Mechanical/Industrial Designers, Interior Decorators, Engineers, Technologists, CNC Machinists AutoCAD operators who want to go to the next design level or any individual who wants to learn the leading software for 3D Modeling.
Sweeps and Lofts:
- Sweeping Through Curves and Edges
- Lofting Through Sketches and Guide Curves
- Creating cuts with sweeps and lofts
- Creating Helix and Composite Curves
- Modeling Springs and Threads
- 3D Sketches
- Extruded and Revolve d surfaces
- Swept and Lofted surfaces
- Offset and Extended Surfaces
- Trimming and Filleting Surfaces
- Surface Solidifying with Thicken Feature
- Base Flanges
- Adding Tabs, Bends and Jogs
- Folding and Unfolding
- Lofted Bends
- Sheet Metal Forming Tools
- Sheet Metal Drawings
- Variable Radius Fillet
- Dome feature
- Shape Feature with Constraining Curves
- Engraving and Embossing Text
- Part Lines
- Creating Moulds with Core and Cavity
- Structural Members
- Fillet Welds, Gussets and End Caps
- Weldment Drawings with Part List
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Stress Analyzing a Component
- Analyzing the flow of Air and Liquids
- Using Results to make Design Decisions
- FEA report
- The Render Wizard
- Scenes, Materials and Textures
- Lighting, Shadows, Visibility and Reflection
- Creating a Final Rendered Print
Leonardo College of Design is registered as a Private Career College under the "Private Career Colleges Act, 2005". We are specialized in CAD (Computer Aided Design) and Web Design & Development. Our highly qualified instructors use effective hands-on training methods. Our goal is to prepare students for challenging and creative new careers in a relatively short period of time. We offer latest equipment and software, small classes, handouts, one Desktop per student and free parking.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
SolidWorks Level 1 or at least 3 months of experience using the software
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
- If your course has been canceled, you will receive a full refund.
- If you are withdrawing from a course, prior to the day of the first scheduled class, you will receive the full refund less a $25 administrative fee.
- If you withdraw before the end of the 3rd class, you will receive the full refund less 50% of the course materials fee and a $25 administrative fee.
- If you withdraw later than 3 classes from the course start date you will not receive a refund.
- There are no refunds allowed on one-day courses or courses of 12 hours or fewer unless you withdraw officially ten business days before the start of the course
- Map & Reviews
Leonardo College of Design
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 255 times.