The purpose of this course is to familiarize students with SolidWorks, a parametric design application used for solid modeling. The course begins with an overview of the sketching environment where students learn to create 2D objects...
- Course Outline
The purpose of this course is to familiarize students with SolidWorks, a parametric design application used for solid modeling. The course begins with an overview of the sketching environment where students learn to create 2D objects. Definition is added to the sketch including dimensions and geometric relations. Solids are then quickly created by converting the sketches into 3D models. These solids are arranged into assemblies where interference and motion can be studied. Professional technical drawings can then be generated in accordance with industry standards. The course follows a systematic teaching approach which includes step-by-step instructions along with clearly illustrated screen captures. Students will be exposed to practical activities such as taking measurements and designing a mechanical part or assembly.
Who should attend: Industrial Designers, Mechanical Designers, Structure Designers, Engineers, Technologists, Machinists or anybody that want to learn an easy to use and yet powerful CAD program.
Course Outline Main topics covered in this course:
- The SolidWorks User Interface
- 2D Sketching (Sketch Relations and Dimensions)
- 3D Modeling (Boss Feature, Cut Feature Revolved Feature)
- Hole Wizard
- Creating Patterns (Linear, Circular , Mirror, Curve Driven, Sketch Driven)
- Shelling and Ribs
- Bottom-Up Assembly Modeling (Adding Components and Mates)
- Inserting bolts and nuts from the Toolbox Library
- Analyzing the Assembly
- Creating Motion Simulation
- Exploding an Assembly
- Top-Down Assembly Modeling Method
- Editing Parts and Assemblies
- Creating Drawing Files
- Creating Drawing Views (Model, Orthographic, Section, Broken, Detailed)
- Annotations and Blocks (Dimensions, Title Blocks, Bill of Materials)
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Basic knowledge of computers
Participants will receive a certificate of participation and completion of the course.
- Cancellation Policy
- If your course has been canceled, you will receive a full refund.
- If you are withdrawing from a course, prior to the day of the first scheduled class, you will receive the full refund less a $25 administrative fee.
- If you withdraw before the end of the 3rd class, you will receive the full refund less 50% of the course materials fee and a $25 administrative fee.
- If you withdraw later than 3 classes from the course start date you will not receive a refund.
- There are no refunds allowed on one-day courses or courses of 12 hours or fewer unless you withdraw officially ten business days before the start of the course
- Map & Reviews
Leonardo College of Design
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 440 times.