How to pick the "right" person for the job is essential to effective management. A systematic approach that includes identifying the required personal, academic & job selection criteria, capturing the applicants' real behaviors & matching credentials...
- Course Start Date: Feb. 2
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 Day
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:Please call to get on waiting list
- Category:Behavioural Interviewing
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
How to pick the "right" person for the job is essential to effective management. A systematic approach that includes identifying the required personal, academic and job selection criteria, capturing the applicants' "real" behaviors and matching credentials with your requirements will be developed in this intensive workshop. Participants will learn how to interview and appraise applicants based on actual applicant behaviours with sensitivity to diversity.
Participants Will Learn To Develop Techniques To Conduct Effective Selection Interviews Including:
- Designing the questions
- Respecting the Human Rights Code
- Capturing “real” behaviour
- Structuring the interview
- Selling the organization
- Offering the position
Outline Understanding the Selection Process
- Five steps to effective selection interviewing
- Developing the professional "interviewer attitude"
- Overcoming common selection problems
Preparing For the Process
- Job descriptions
- Establishing appropriate ratios and priorities
- Human Rights legislation
- Environmental considerations
- Saving time by taking time
- Making fair comparisons
- Ending the conversation without an appointment
Preparing For The Interview
- Developing key questions to capture "real" behavior
- Covering four essential areas
- Establishing the right emotional climate
Establishing Rapport & Positive Interaction
- Putting the applicant at ease
- When & how to take notes
- Gaining the applicant's cooperation
- Directing & controlling the interview
- The art of effective listening
- What to look for in the applicants' answers and actions
Applying Evaluation Techniques
- Documenting information
- Reference checking
- Using rating profiles to organize and analyze data
- Making the final decision
- Dealing With Problem Applicants
- Selling Your Organization
- Making the offer
- Instructor presentation
- Full-group discussion
- Small-group interaction
- Individual planning
- Optional video taped practice exercises
Value Added Option: Participants at each training workshop are encouraged to send an email within three months following the workshop and expect a personal reply to assist with their learning experience.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations with less than four weeks' notice are subject to the full fee. Participant substitutions can be made at any time.
- Map & Reviews
Job Design Concepts Inc.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
4950 Yonge Street
Suite 802, 8th Floor
Canada M2N 6K1
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course has no remaining discount seats
This course may be available on a different date listed below.
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 62 times.