Learn the skills essential to getting your ideas, plans & feelings across with confidence & conviction. Differentiate between aggressive behaviors which can create antagonism, assertive behavior & passive behaviors, which can hinder your performance...
- Course Start Date: Nov. 10
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 Day
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Assertiveness Skills Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Many job-related frustrations and stresses can be traced to discomfort in handling the following types of situations:
1. Making difficult and unpopular requests of others
2. Responding to unreasonable demands of others
3. Saying no
4. Disagreeing with someone's ideas
We may avoid dealing with these types of situations or may offend others by coming on too strong.
Learn to act assertively by expressing your feelings or thoughts directly and firmly with composure.
- To learn the skills essential to getting your ideas, plans and feelings across with confidence and conviction
- To differentiate between aggressive behaviors which can create antagonism, assertive behavior and passive behaviors, which can hinder your performance
- To overcome any reluctance and to practice assertion appropriately in dealing with difficult situations
- To improve interpersonal relationships, job satisfaction and task accomplishment
- The benefits of assertiveness
- Differentiating aggressiveness, non- assertiveness and assertiveness
- Understanding your rights
- Increasing your self-esteem
- Using assertive non-verbal communication
- Being persuasive
- Using assertive language for negative feedback
- Saying no, without guilt
- Disagreeing diplomatically
- Controlling feelings and emotions
- Collaborating in conflict situations
- Learning how to not manipulate or be manipulated
- Recognizing when to confront & when to ignore
• Instructor presentation
• Full-group discussion
• Small-group interaction
• Individual exercises
• Practice exercises
Value Added Option: Participants at each training workshop are encouraged to send an email within three months following the workshop and expect a personal reply to assist with their learning experience.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations with less than four weeks' notice are subject to the full fee. Participant substitutions can be made at any time.
- Map & Reviews
Job Design Concepts Inc.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
4950 Yonge Street
Suite 802, 8th Floor
Canada M2N 6K1
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 84 times.