This course will teach students to create, edit, and enhance standard business documents using Microsoft® Office Word 2007.
- Course Outline
Word processing is the use of computers to create, revise, and save documents for printing and future retrieval. This course is the first in a series of three Microsoft® Office Word 2007 courses. It will provide you with the basic concepts required to produce basic business documents.
Course Objective: You will create, edit, and enhance standard business documents using Microsoft® Office Word 2007.
Target Student: This course is intended for individuals who want to gain basic knowledge of working on Word. Individuals who want to pursue Microsoft Certified Application Specialist certification in Microsoft Office Word 2007 can also take this course.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
This course is one of a series of Element K courseware titles that addresses Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (Microsoft Business Certification) skill sets. The Microsoft Certified Application Specialist program is for individuals who use Microsoft’s business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products. Certification candidates must pass one or more proficiency exams in order to earn Microsoft Certified Application Specialist certification.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a basic document using Microsoft Word.
- Edit documents by locating and modifying text.
- Format text.
- Format paragraphs.
- Add tables to a document.
- Add graphic elements to a document.
- Control a document's page setup and its overall appearance.
- Proof documents to make them more accurate.
Course Content Lesson 1: Creating a Basic Document
- Topic 1A: Explore the User Interface
- Topic 1B: Open and View a Document
- Topic 1C: Customize the Word Environment
- Topic 1D: Obtain Help
- Topic 1E: Enter Text
- Topic 1F: Save a Document
- Topic 1G: Preview and Print a Document
Lesson 2: Editing a Document
- Topic 2A: Navigate and Select Text in a Document
- Topic 2B: Insert, Delete, or Rearrange Text
- Topic 2C: Undo Changes
- Topic 2D: Search and Replace Text
Lesson 3: Formatting Text
- Topic 3A: Change Font Appearance
- Topic 3B: Highlight Text
Lesson 4: Formatting Paragraphs
- Topic 4A: Set Tabs to Align Text
- Topic 4B: Control Paragraph Layout
- Topic 4C: Add Borders and Shading
- Topic 4D: Apply Styles
- Topic 4E: Create Lists
- Topic 4F: Manage Formatting
Lesson 5: Adding Tables
- Topic 5A: Create a Table
- Topic 5B: Modify the Table Structure
- Topic 5C: Format a Table
- Topic 5D: Convert Text to a Table or Tables to Text
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Topic 6A: Add Visual Effects Using Symbols and Special Characters
- Topic 6B: Insert Illustrations
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
- Topic 7A: Control Page Layout
- Topic 7B: Apply a Page Border and Color
- Topic 7C: Add Watermarks
- Topic 7D: Add Headers and Footers
Lesson 8: Proofing a Document
- Topic 8A: Check Spelling, Grammar, and Word Count
- Topic 8B: Enhance Textual Meaning Using the Thesaurus
- Topic 8C: Customize AutoCorrect Options
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students should be familiar with using personal computers and have used a mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on your computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders. Students should have completed the following courses or possess equivalent knowledge before starting with this course: * Windows XP Professional: Level 1 * Windows XP Professional: Level 2 * Windows XP: Introduction * Windows 2000: Introduction
Certificate of Completion * Microsoft Certified Application Specialist – Word 2007
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations less than 2 business weeks before the expected delivery date are eligible for a 50% refund, or a credit voucher will be provided for regularly scheduled courses (choice being that of the registrant). Credit Vouchers are transferable within the same company. Please send your cancellation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Map & Reviews
Itplanit Services Corp.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 234 times.