This course will teach students to maintain data consistency and integrity; improve queries, forms, and reports; and also integrate Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007 with other applications.
- Course Outline
You have the basic skills needed to work with Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007 databases, including creating and working with Access tables, relationships, queries, forms, and reports. But so far, you have been focusing only on essential database user skills. In this course, you will consider how to maintain data consistency, how to customize database components, and how to share Access data with other applications.
Course Objective: You will maintain data consistency and integrity; improve queries, forms, and reports; and also integrate Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007 with other applications.
Target Student: Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 2 is designed for students who would like to learn intermediate-level operations of the Microsoft Office Access program. The Level 2 course is for individuals whose job responsibilities include maintaining data integrity; handling complex queries, forms, and reports; and sharing data between Access and other applications. This course is also a prerequisite to taking more advanced courses in Access 2007. Individuals who want to pursue Microsoft Certified Application Specialist certification in Microsoft Office Access 2007 can also take this course.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
This course is one of a series of Element K courseware titles that addresses Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (Microsoft Business Certification) skill sets. The Microsoft Certified Application Specialist program is for individuals who use Microsoft’s business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products. Certification candidates must pass one or more proficiency exams in order to earn Microsoft Certified Application Specialist certification.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- modify the design and field properties of a table to streamline data entry and maintain data integrity.
- retrieve data from tables using joins.
- create flexible queries to display specified records, allow for user-determined query criteria, and modify data using queries.
- enhance the capabilities of a form by grouping form controls and making other aesthetic improvements to make forms work more efficiently and intuitively for the user.
- customize reports to organize the displayed information and produce specific print layouts.
- share data across different applications.
Lesson 1: Controlling Data Entry
- Topic 1A: Restrict Data Entry Using Field Properties
- Topic 1B: Establish a Pattern for Entering Field Values
- Topic 1C: Create a List of Values for a Field
Lesson 2: Joining Tables
- Topic 2A: Create Query Joins
- Topic 2B: Join Unrelated Tables
- Topic 2C: Relate Data Within a Table
Lesson 3: Creating Flexible Queries
- Topic 3A: Set Select Query Properties
- Topic 3B: Create Parameter Queries
- Topic 3C: Create Action Queries
Lesson 4: Improving Forms
- Topic 4A: Design a Form Layout
- Topic 4B: Enhance the Appearance of a Form
- Topic 4C: Restrict Data Entry in Forms
- Topic 4D: Add a Command Button to a Form
- Topic 4E: Create a Subform
Lesson 5: Customizing Reports
- Topic 5A: Organize Report Information
- Topic 5B: Format the Report
- Topic 5C: Set Report Control Properties
- Topic 5D: Control Report Pagination
- Topic 5E: Summarize Report Information
- Topic 5F: Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
- Topic 5G: Create a Mailing Label Report
Lesson 6: Sharing Data Across Applications
- Topic 6A: Import Data into Access
- Topic 6B: Export Data
- Topic 6C: Analyze Access Data in Excel
- Topic 6D: Export Data to a Text File
- Topic 6E: Merge Access Data with a Word Document
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To ensure the successful completion of Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 2, the completion of the Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 1 course, or equivalent knowledge, is recommended.
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations less than 2 business weeks before the expected delivery date are eligible for a 50% refund, or a credit voucher will be provided for regularly scheduled courses (choice being that of the registrant). Credit Vouchers are transferable within the same company. Please send your cancellation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Map & Reviews
Itplanit Services Corp.
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 222 times.