This course is intended for experienced SQL Server 2005 developers & database administrators who want to upgrade their skills to SQL Server 2008. Learn how to: Describe the new features of SQL Server 2008; Manage, Optimize, Secure & SQL Server 2008...
- Course Outline
Who should attend?
This course is intended for experienced SQL Server 2005 developers and database administrators who want to upgrade their skills to SQL Server 2008.
Performance Objectives After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the new features of SQL Server 2008.
- Manage SQL Server 2008.
- Optimize SQL Server 2008.
- Secure a SQL Server 2008 Database.
- Develop databases with SQL Server 2008.
- Create and maintain highly available SQL Server 2008 databases.
- Create and use a SQL Server 2008 data warehouse.
- Use SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
- Use SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services.
- The Evolution of SQL Server
- Preparing for SQL Server 2008
- Reviewing the SQL Server Books Online Tutorials
- Reviewing SQL Server Books Online
- Describe the evolution of SQL Server.
- Prepare for SQL Server 2008.
- Configuration Servers
- Policy-Based Management
- Creating a Configuration Server
- Creating and Applying a Policy
- Create and use a configuration server.
- Create and use policies.
- Managing Workloads with Resource Governor
- Monitoring Performance with the Data Collector
- Managing Performance with Plan Freezing
- Using Resource Governor
- Using the Data Collector
- Manage workloads with Resource Governor.
- Monitor performance with the Data Collector.
- Manage performance with Plan Freezing.
- Encrypting Databases
- Auditing All Actions
- Using Transparent Data Encryption
- Encrypt databases.
- Audit all actions.
- Developer Tool Enhancements
- Data Type Enhancements
- Working with Spatial Data
- Using Date and Time Data Types
- Using Spatial Data
- Describe the developer tool enhancements in SQL Server 2008.
- Use the data type enhancements in SQL Server 2008.
- Work with spatial data.
- Always On Technologies
- Transactional Peer-to-Peer Replication
- Configuring Peer-to-Peer Replication
- Adding a Replication Node
- Describe the SQL Server 2008 always on technologies.
- Implement transactional peer-to-peer replication.
- ETL Enhancements
- Using Partitioned Tables
- Optimizing Data Storage
- Using Change Data Capture
- Using the MERGE Statement
- Working with Partitioned Data
- Describe the ETL enhancements in SQL Server 2008.
- Use partitioned tables.
- Optimize data storage.
- Reporting Services Architecture and Management
- Authoring Reports
- Report Processing and Rendering
- Creating a Report with Report Designer
- Managing Reporting Services
- Describe the Reporting Services architecture and management.
- Author reports.
- Understand report processing and rendering.
- Multidimensional Analysis with SQL Server Analysis Services
- Data Mining with SQL Server Analysis Services
- Implementing Multidimensional Analysis
- Implementing Data Mining
- Implement multidimensional analysis.
- Implement data mining.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before attending this course, students must have experience developing or administering SQL Server 2005 databases.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 294 times.