- Business Analysis Training
- Testing Techniques for Tracing and Validating Requirements ( 3 day course )
In this interactive course, youíll work to develop a master test plan under the guidance of an experienced instructor. You will also perform exercises designed to help you establish a risk-based and comprehensive master test strategy for a testing effort
- Course Outline
- Business analysts
- Data analysts
- Process analysts
- Application designers
Learn How to :
- Recognize the role of the business analyst (BA) in the testing process
- Validate the business requirements document (BRD) and analysis models
- Verify that the solution conforms to the requirements
- Communicate the importance of a testing methodology
- Determine what to test and trace those requirements throughout the solution development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop and execute a test plan
- Understand various testing techniques
Don’t underestimate the importance of testing! To ensure project success, planning and executing the testing process must begin as soon as the vision and scope for the solution takes shape. As the requirements for the solution are elicited, the business analyst and the testing team develop and refine a master test plan to make sure it incorporates testing strategies for detecting any defects in the requirements, solution or corresponding documentation.
In this interactive course, you’ll work to develop a master test plan under the guidance of an experienced instructor. You will also perform exercises designed to help you establish a risk-based and comprehensive master test strategy for a testing effort. These activities help the business analyst ensure that all requirements trace back to the business need.
By attending this course, you’ll develop the competencies required to create test cases and scenarios and to ensure proper test coverage according to the risk level. You will also learn about the different levels and types of testing commonly used in solution development today.Course Topics
Introduction to Testing
- Recognizing the Importance of Testing
- Recognizing the BA Role in the Testing Process
- Differentiating between Validation and Verification
- Validating the Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Models
- Verifying the Solution
The Testing Process
- Identifying the IT Strategy
- Identifying the Testing Life Cycle
- Aligning the Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and the Testing Life Cycle
- Recognizing the Importance of Test Methodologies
- Employing Traceability and Defect Analysis
Levels and Types of Testing
- Using the V-Model of Testing
- Planning the Different Levels of Testing
- Planning the Different Types of Testing
The Master Test Strategy
- Defining the Master Test Strategy
- Identifying Test Goals
- Defining the Test Strategies for each Level of Testing
- Identifying the Likelihood and Impact of Defects when Developing the Master Test Strategy
- Documenting the Master Test Strategy
- Identifying the Roles for Developing the Master Test Plan
- Documenting the Components of the Master Test Plan
- Compiling the Master Test Plan
- Planning for Changes in Requirements, Risk, and Quality
Testing from the BA Perspective
- Testing and Assessing that Business and User Requirements are Met
- Performing User Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Conducting a Satisfaction Assessment
- Performing Usability Testing during Unit, Integration, System, and User Testing
- Conducting a Pilot Implementation Testing
- Managing and Prioritizing Risk and Developing Risk Response Strategies
Test Case Design Techniques
- Developing Test Scenarios and Test Cases
- Converting Use Case Scenarios to Test Scenarios
- Performing Black Box and Glass Box Testing
- Ensuring Test Coverage is Risk-Driven
- Using Test Tools
Executing the Plan
- Executing and Updating the Master Test Plan
- Managing Changes to Test Strategies and Business Requirements
- Reviewing the Acceptance Test
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Prior to taking this course, it is recommended that students should have acquired the background as taught in How to Gather and Document User Requirements and Use Case Modeling.
Professional Development Units (PDU): 21 Participants will receive a Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 479 times.