Intended for IT professional who has networking & administrative skills in Windows-based TCP/IP networks & other operating systems, such as NetWare, Macintosh, UNIX/Linux, & OS/2, who wants to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination.
- Course Outline
Who should attend
This course is targeted toward an Information Technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based TCP/IP networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as NetWare, Macintosh, UNIX/Linux, and OS/2, who wants to: further a career in IT by acquiring a foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
Performance objectives You will implement and monitor security on networks and computer systems, and respond to security breaches.
Course Outline Lesson 1: Security Fundamentals
- Topic 1A: Security Building Blocks
- Topic 1B: Authentication Methods
- Topic 1C: Cryptography Fundamentals
- Topic 1D: Security Policy Fundamentals
- Topic 2A: Social Engineering
- Topic 2B: Software-Based Threats
- Topic 2C: Hardware-Based Threats
- Topic 3A: Harden Operating Systems
- Topic 3B: Harden Directory Services
- Topic 3C: Harden DHCP Servers
- Topic 3D: Harden File and Print Servers
- Topic 4A: Harden Internetwork Connection Devices
- Topic 4B: Harden DNS and BIND Servers
- Topic 4C: Harden Web Servers
- Topic 4D: Harden File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Servers
- Topic 4E: Harden Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) Servers
- Topic 4F: Harden Email Servers
- Topic 4G: Harden Conferencing and Messaging Servers
- Topic 5A: Protect Network Traffic with IP Security (IPSec)
- Topic 5B: Secure Wireless Traffic
- Topic 5C: Harden a Web Browser
- Topic 5D: Secure the Remote Access Channel
- Topic 6A: Install a Certificate Authority (CA) Hierarchy
- Topic 6B: Harden a Certificate Authority
- Topic 6C: Back Up a CA
- Topic 6D: Restore a CA
- Topic 7A: Enroll Certificates
- Topic 7B: Secure Network Traffic by Using Certificates
- Topic 7C: Renew Certificates
- Topic 7D: Revoke Certificates
- Topic 7E: Back Up Certificates and Private Keys
- Topic 7F: Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Topic 8A: Enforce Corporate Security Policy Compliance
- Topic 8B: Enforce Legal Compliance
- Topic 8C: Enforce Physical Security Compliance
- Topic 8D: Educate Users
- Topic 9A: Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Topic 9B: Monitor for Intruders
- Topic 9C: Set Up a Honeypot
- Topic 9D: Respond to Security Incidents
Appendix B: Using Security Utilitie
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Basic Windows skills and fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts are required. Students can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Element K courses: Introduction to Networks and the Internet and any one or more of the following: `Introduction to Personal Computers: Using Windows 2000 Introduction to Personal Computers: Using Windows XPWindows 2000: IntroductionWindows XP: Introduction Windows XP Professional: Level 1 and Level 2 CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge, and six to nine months experience in networking, including experience configuring and managing TCP/IP, are strongly recommended. Students can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking all of the following Element K courses: A+ Certification: Core Hardware Third Edition – A CompTIA CertificationA+ Certification: Operating Systems Third Edition – A CompTIA CertificationNetwork+ Certification: 4th Edition – A CompTIA Certification Additional introductory courses in operating system administration for Windows, UNIX, Linux, or NetWare are helpful but not required.
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 228 times.