This course teaches you the comprehensive skills, concepts, and terminology needed to design, build, and maintain well-designed universes using BusinessObjects 6.5, BusinessObjects XI R1/R2, and BusinessObjects XI 3.0/3.1 universes.
- Course Outline
This core, three-day instructor-led course teaches you the comprehensive skills, concepts, and terminology needed to design, build, and maintain well-designed universes using BusinessObjects 6.5, BusinessObjects XI R1/R2, and BusinessObjects XI 3.0/3.1 universes. Report designers and business users can create reports without having to know anything about the underlying data source or structure.
What You'll Learn
- Best-practice methodology for creating universes that respond to your reporting requirements
- Design BusinessObjects universes using Universe Designer; using BusinessObjects 6.5, BusinessObjects XI R1/R2, or BusinessObjects XI 3.0/3.1
- Universe design concepts and terminology
- The role of universes in relation to BusinessObjects reporting tools
- New features covered in the XI 3.0/3.1 course that are not applicable to BusinessObjects 6.5 or XI R1/R2 learners include:
- Create a cascading list of values associated with a hierarchy of objects in a universe
- Create delegated measures
- Create nested derived tables
- Use Translation Manager
- Test universe results in Web Intelligence Rich Client
- Those responsible for creating and designing universes using Universe Designer and BusinessObjects XI 3.0/3.1
- Those who need to understand universe design concepts and terminology, and the role of universes in relation to BusinessObjects reporting tools
1. Understanding BusinessObjects Universes
- Defining BusinessObjects universe concepts
- The universe development cycle
- Describing the course database and universe
- Creating the course universes
- Populating the universe structure
- Defining joins in a universe
- Describing classes and objects
- Creating classes and objects
- Defining measure object concepts
- Creating measure objects
- Creating delegated measure objects
- Understanding loops
- Resolving loops using aliases
- Resolving loops using contexts
- SQL traps and universes
- Resolving fan traps
- Resolving chasm traps
- Restricting the data returned by objects
- Hierarchies and universes
- Working with hierarchies
- Creating a list of values
- Working with LOVs in Universe Designer
- Creating a cascading LOV
- Using derived tables
- Applying index awareness
- Linked universes
- Creating links between universes
- Setting access restrictions on a universe
- Documenting universes
- Deploying universes
- Maintaining universes
- Deploying universes in multiple languages
- Prerequisites & Certificates
* Working knowledge of: - SQL and relational database management systems concepts and structures - Familiarity with the type of data and the logical structure of the databases in your organization - Familiarity with BusinessObjects Web Intelligence report building - SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 3.0/3.1:Report Design (BOW310) - BusinessObjects Web Intelligence XI 3.0:Advanced Report Design (BOW320)
Certification towards Business Objects Certified Professional - BusinessObjects Web Intelligence XI 3.0 (BOCP-BOW)
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1759 times.