In this course you will learn the importance of achieving quality & your role in doing so. You will learn which project & product factors affect the two components of risk, & you'll learn to apply those to various real-life validation situations.
- Course Start Date: Dec. 12
- Location: Kitchener
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Business Analysis Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn the techniques required for testing and validating requirements.
Quality is the major business differentiator in IT. Studies such as the Chaos Report show that the most common cause of low quality is having poor, or poorly understood, requirements. Other common causes are poor design, code, and installation. While prevention of defects is the best cure, identifying and fixing defects as early as possible is key, and some of the responsibility for doing that falls on the business analyst (BA). This course, therefore, concentrates on the validation techniques for:
- The system at the business level (functional and usability testing)
- Business purpose (stakeholder satisfaction with the production product)
- Validating requirements or any text-based product (such as procedures or plans)
- Testing functional and manual requirements
- Assessing and testing usability
Since there is never time, even theoretically, to validate all details of a product, an important concept is using risk assessment to determine the appropriate thoroughness of validation at every stage. Exercises in risk assessment and all the major validation techniques are an integral part of this course.
While the involvement of BAs in testing varies widely across companies, this course assumes maximum involvement at the business level (excluding nonfunctional testing except for usability). Each student can tailor the content to suit a specific company's policies.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- Position the activities of the BA in the complete verification and validation process
- Use testing terminology in a standardized way
- Use risk to drive the validation effort and therefore use project money wisely
- Make decisions on what not to test for defects
- Plan appropriate (risk-based) techniques to find defects in the BRD, that is, validate the BRD
- Plan appropriate (risk-based) functional testing techniques at the BA level to find defects
- Plan appropriate (risk based) glass box testing techniques for processes to find defects
- Check and test usability
- Choose appropriate (customer-selected) tests for acceptance, that is, compliance to requirements
- Manage test data and information
- Manage requirements problems and test failures
- Document the plans (activities, resources, risks)
- Gain acceptance, install the product, and validate to business needs
- Develop a High-Level BA Validation Strategy and Budget
- Determine Requirements That Can Be Validated and Tested
- Perform a Peer Review
- Choose the Appropriate Technique for Finding Defects
- Develop a Mid-Level Test Strategy
- Develop a Test Suite
- Develop Boundary Testing
- Develop a Condition Coverage Test Matrix
- Design CRUD Testing
- List Error Guessing Inputs
- Choose Testing Techniques
- Develop Inputs to Test Activity and Decision Coverage
- Develop Inputs to Test Condition Coverage
- Check a Web Page
- Conduct a Usability Test
- Manage Risk of Testing
- Desk Check a Test Plan
- Deciding What Test Coverage To Agree To
- Develop Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions
- Business analysts who have some testing experiencing and want one or more of the following:
- A more formal understanding
- To be more efficient
- To standardize across a group, department, or organization
- Business analysts who don't know anything about testing and want to learn how to do it
- Project managers who want to understand BA terminology and how the BA sees risks
1. Testing and the BA
- Good Testing and Checking
- Project Team Verification and Validation Process
- Types of Testing
- Ways to Verify and Validate
- Your Budget and Risk Management
- Estimating the Risks of Defects in the System
- Developing a High-Level Validation Strategy and Budget
- Characteristics of a Good BRD
- Techniques of Finding Defects in a BRD
- Choosing the Appropriate Technique
- Structured Testing
- Mid-Level Test Strategy
- Test Cases
- Black Box Testing
- Black Box Testing Techniques
- Automated Low-Level Test Strategy
- Validating Processes
- Glass Box Testing Techniques
- Process Low-Level Test Strategy
- The Importance of Usability
- Usability Validation by the BA
- Getting Users Involved in Validation
- Usability Testing
- Capturing the BA Test Plan
- Formal BA Test Plan
- Installing the System
- Validating to the Business Needs
- Completing the Project
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Business Analysis Essentials (BA10) - Requirements Development, Documentation, and Management (BA20)
- 21 PMI PDUs - 2.1 CEUs - 21 IIBA CDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Quadriga Business Centre
305 King St West
Canada N2G 1B9
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 68 times.