An action-packed, integrated case study will provide experienced project managers, who already have experience with the basics of requirements management, the opportunity to practice new skills in a supportive learning environment.
- Course Outline
Experienced and senior project managers.
Learn How To:
- Apply a requirements management process to a project life cycle
- Use proper evaluation techniques to verify and gain agreement upon requirements and that meet specific business and technical objectives
- Identify formal and informal techniques to manage stakeholder relationships within the requirements management process
- Implement a change management process to control scope creep
Requirements are the foundation of any project, yet the number of project failures attributed to inadequate requirements development and management is staggering. As projects progress, "scope creep" often occurs due to the inability to manage constant change. Customers’ needs and the project sponsor’s needs frequently seem to be at odds. How does the project manager cope with all the turmoil?
Requirements Management takes the experienced project manager beyond the basics of all aspects of requirements, from concept through closeout. Participants will learn up-to-date practices for requirements management, including proper selection of tools and techniques for specific types of projects. You’ll explore evaluation techniques to verify requirements early in the project life cycle so as to prevent costly rework downstream. Even with a solid process for managing requirements, fallout may still result from the battle between important project stakeholders. Participants will practice methods of effective relationship management and negotiation to ensure agreement on functional requirements.
An action-packed, integrated case study will provide experienced project managers, who already have experience with the basics of requirements management, the opportunity to practice new skills in a supportive learning environment. Participants responsible for all types of projects, from construction to new product development to information technology, will take home tools and techniques to put to immediate use.
Course Topics: Requirements Factors Influencing Project Problems
The Project Requirements Process
- The project management and requirements management life cycles
- Steps in the requirements management process
- Fixed and evolving requirements
- Organizational standards
- Identification and categorization
- Communication plan
- Risk factors
- Consideration of legal and market risks
- Relationship management process
- Traceability matrix
- Global requirements mapping
- Test plan
- Requirements management standards
- Functional and technical requirements
- Identifying multiple views
- Global requirements
- Tools and techniques
- Documentation standards
- Selection of tools and techniques
- Requirement/prototype review
- Risk assessment
- Baseline documentation
- Evaluate policy for project needs
- Establish business criteria for change control
- Select tools and techniques
- Success criteria
- Acceptance criteria
- Project test results
PMBOK® Guide Knowledge Areas:
- Project Scope Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Communications Management
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Professional Development Units (PDUs): 22.5
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 278 times.