This 3 day course demonstrates a proven process to project recovery. Youíll get everything you need (process, tools, techniques) to perform a rapid assessment of a project in trouble, develop a solid recovery plan and manage the transition to stability.
- Course Outline
Experienced and senior project managers.
Learn How To:
- Structure and lead the effort to assess project problems rapidly
- Determine the root causes of identified problems
- Develop a recovery plan for any troubled project
- Provide leadership to turn the project around
- Use seven key metrics as your guide to success
- Identify and manage signs of trouble early in a project
Rapid Assessment and Recovery of Troubled Projects demonstrates a proven process to project recovery. You’ll get everything you need (process, tools, techniques) to perform a rapid assessment of a project in trouble, develop a solid recovery plan and manage the transition to stability. You’ll experience what to do step by step, using seven key metrics as your guide to success. Active participation in the case study, designed to simulate the environment and feel of an actual troubled project, will enable you to build your skills in a meaningful way. This course is a must for experienced project managers who need to know what to do when the chips are down.
Course Topics: Overview of Rapid Assessment and Recovery Process
- Key variables: people, process, tools, metrics
- Key inhibitors and sensitivities
- Process summary
- Charter definition process
- Management expectations and sensitivities
- Critical resource needs
- Critical documentation needs
- Plan assessment process
- Keys to performing good assessments
- Determining the approach and focus areas
- Seven key areas of assessments
- Assessment process
- Conducting interviews
- Analyzing and validating project data
- Meeting with customers and stakeholders
- Determining and validating findings
- Recovery planning process
- Determining and prioritizing risks, problems and opportunities
- Prioritization using the Comparative Risk Ranking and Comparative Problem Ranking
- Setting up metrics and an early warning plan
- Re-establishing the baseline
- Translation process
- Executing risk, problem and opportunity management plans
- Skills transfer
- Implementing project control metrics tracking
- Project management skills and methodology
- Classic mistakes
- Continuous improvement systems
PMBOK® Guide Knowledge Areas:
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Communications Management
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Participants should have a thorough understanding of scheduling and cost control and risk management before taking this course.
Professional Development Units (PDUs): 22.5
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 345 times.