In this course, you will learn how to develop or improve the quality programs at your workplace using systems thinking to plan quality into your project and prioritize requirements to meet customers' quality needs.
- Course Start Date: Nov. 28
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Fundamentals of Project Management
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
In this course, you will learn how to develop or improve the quality programs at your workplace. You will use systems thinking to plan quality into your project, prioritize requirements to meet customers' quality needs, select quality assurance and quality control activities that are tailor-fit to your project, and use quality management processes, tools, and metrics to increase the likelihood of project success. You will use a Quality Management Plan to document and structure a thoughtful approach to project quality management. You will gain insight into applying quality planning, quality assurance, and quality control to real-world projects.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- Apply systems thinking when planning quality into your project
- Develop or improve quality programs at your workplace based on modern quality theories and approaches
- Determine quality assurance activities for your project and how to measure them
- Prioritize requirements to better meet customer needs and ensure quality
- Relationship between risk and quality
- Develop a quality management plan for your project
- Determine the impact of quality assurance activities on the critical path
- Select the appropriate quality assurance and quality control tools for your project
- Plan and perform a quality audit for your project
- Associate Project Managers
- Project Managers
- IT Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Project Analysts
- Project Leaders
- Senior Project Managers
- Quality Assurance Team Members
- Product Managers
- Program Managers
1. Quality Control and Closure Project Quality
- What Is Quality?
- History of Modern Quality
- Project Quality Management
- The Process of Planning Quality
- Systems Thinking in Planning Quality
- Role of Stakeholders in Quality
- Quality Requirements
- Quality Planning Tools
- The Process of Performing Quality Assurance
- Process Analysis Tools
- Quality Assurance as Part of the Critical Path
- The Process of Performing Quality Control
- Measurement and Tracking Tools
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Using Quality Assurance and Control Tools
- Quality Control and Closure
- Illustrate the Importance of Quality
- Define Quality
- Define the Attributes of Quality
- Distinguish Between Quality and Grade
- Propose a Quality Program for Your Workplace
- Identify Quality in the Triple Constraint
- Perform a Stakeholder Analysis
- Identify Positive and Negative Risks for Your Project
- Prioritize Requirements
- Develop a Quality Management Plan
- Determine the Impact of Quality Assurance Activities on the Critical Path
- Select Quality Assurance Tools
- Create a Pareto Chart
- Draw a Cause and Effect Diagram
- Plan and Perform a Quality Audit
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Project Management Fundamentals (PM01) - IT Project Management (PM11) - Applied Project Management (PM08)
- 21 PMI PDUs - 2.1 CEUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Toronto Bloor EAST
2 Bloor Street EAST
Canada M4W 1A8
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 26 times.