This is designed for individual contributors or departmental staff in a variety of job roles, such as administrative assistants, who have experience with basic SharePoint site owner skills, & who have the responsibility for managing SharePoint sites.
- Course Outline
This course is designed for individual contributors or departmental staff in a variety of job roles, such as administrative assistants, or functional or operations managers, not just IT staff, who have experience with basic SharePoint site owner skills, and who have the responsibility for managing SharePoint sites as an enabling technology within their workgroups. You will gain the knowledge to perform advanced administration of the sites you own and to administer multiple sites.
What You'll Learn
- Create a site collection
- Manage basic site collection components
- Manage lists
- Manage a discussion board
- Manage document libraries
- Manage a form library
- Manage site access permissions
- Manage Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) content
- Manage a workflow
- Work with indexing and searching
- Manage a SharePoint application using Central Administration
- Manage security options in WSS
- Manage site usage
- Perform site maintenance
Experience with a Windows SharePoint Services team site Some experience with basic administration of WSS team sites as a site owner
1. Creating Site Collections
- Identifying the Planning Process of a Site Collection
- Creating a Site Collection
- Branding a Site Collection
- Managing a Web Part Gallery
- Creating an Issue Tracking List
- Creating a Project Task List
- Appling Formulas and Functions to a List Column
- Creating a Custom List
- Customizing List Settings
- Working Offline with Shared Calendars
- Creating a Discussion Board
- Customizing Existing Discussion Boards
- Creating Library Templates
- Organizing Documents in a Library
- Sharing Documents Across Libraries
- Applying Information Rights Management to a Library
- Creating a Form Library
- Customizing Form Templates Using InfoPath
- Assigning Group Permissions
- Managing User Permissions
- Setting Site Level Security
- Creating a Content Type
- Applying Content Types to a List
- Adding a Workflow
- Running a Workflow
- Indexing List Content
- Enabling Search Options
- Using Central Administration
- Adding Administrative Tasks
- Setting Web Part Security
- Setting Antivirus Options
- Managing Blocked File Types
- Exploring Authentication Modes
- Setting Site Collection Quotas and Locks
- Monitoring Site Usage
- Managing Site Maintenance
- Recovering Lost Information
- Performing a Backup
- Restoring a Backup
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Level 1 or equivalent experience
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2184 times.