- Microsoft Sharepoint Training
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for the Site Owner / Power User (M50196)
This two-day, instructor-led course provides you with the knowledge and skills to administer a SharePoint Team Site in the role of site owner or power user.
- Course Outline
You don't need technical knowledge to become a SharePoint Power User.
This two-day, instructor-led course provides you with the knowledge and
skills to administer a SharePoint Team Site in the role of site owner or
By performing tasks like creating pages, sites, lists and libraries, managing user access, and customizing lists and web part pages, you will be encourage end-user usage of your company's SharePoint deployment, increasing the value of the tool exponentially. The more end-users utilize SharePoint's features, the more business value will be created for your corporation. On the other hand, Power Users will reduce the number of calls to Help Desk and the IT department that hampers their productivity.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Products (OMLP):
- 50196A - Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for the Site Owner
- Use and customize Lists and Libraries
- Create Forms Libraries
- Create Basic and Web Part Web Pages
- Customize Sites and Workspaces
- Manage Users and Groups
- Monitor Site Activity
Those who own a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server site and who need to know how to create sites and lists, manage user access, and customize lists and web part pages
1. Role of the Site Owner
- The Role of the Site Owner
- The Primary Screens and Menus Used to Manage a SharePoint Site
- Reviewing SharePoint Lists and Libraries
- Reviewing SharePoint Search
- Listing Settings
- Customizing Columns
- Creating Lists by Importing Excel Files
- Creating and Modifying Views
- Content Types
- Communications Options
- Creating Forms Libraries
- Filling Out Forms
- Creating Basic Pages
- Creating Web Part Pages
- Site Customization - Look and Feel
- Save Site as Template
- Web Parts (with Details and Tips for 12 Commonly Used Web Parts)
- Search Visibility
- Users and Groups
- Managing Permissions
- Adding Users
- List and Library Permissions
- List Item and Document Permissions
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
- Site Collection Usage Summary
- Site Usage Reports
- Dealing with Inactive Sites
- Customizing a Site Page
- Customizing a Master Page
- Creating a Simple Workflow
Lab 1. Customizing Lists and Libraries
- Customize lists and libraries
- Configure versioning, content approval and check-in / check-out
- Create and use Content Types
- Set Incoming E-mail and RSS options
- Describe workflow options
- Create forms libraries from SharePoint or InfoPath
- Publish InfoPath forms to SharePoint libraries
- Open, edit and save InfoPath forms from SharePoint
- Create and edit basic pages
- Create and maintain web part pages
- Customize site look and feel and navigation
- Add, remove, and customize web parts
- Describe SharePoint site, list and library security
- Add users and create groups
- Create custom permission levels
- Customize permissions for sites, lists, libraries, folders, items and documents
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Eligible for SATV Purchase - 2 Day SATV Voucher
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2291 times.