In this 2-day course, you will learn advanced functions related to Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros in Excel 2000/2002/2003. This intensive course will take you from the key concepts to advanced layout, design, and error-handling.
- Course Outline
In this 2-day instructor-led course, you will learn advanced functions related to Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros in Excel 2000/2002/2003. This intensive course will take you from the key concepts to advanced layout, design, and error-handling.
What You'll Learn
- Learn key concepts to build custom solutions using Microsoft Excel VBA Macros
- Learn basic techniques for recording, writing, running, and maintaining a macro
- Understand how VBA is incorporated, used, and modified in Microsoft Excel
- Design and lay out a user form and controls to create a customized dialog box to simplify data entry
- Prepare an Excel Workbook containing macros and toolbars, for deployment to other users and machines
- Customize macros with VBA source code to automate data entry tasks and enable source code protection
- Enhance source code with variables, constants, and logical operators
- Handle three types of errors that are generated when working with source code
- Access external data by using ActiveX Data Objects
- Use Excel as an automation server to control Excel objects externally outside of the application
Those who are familiar with Excel 2000/2002/2003 and want to learn to use macros to automate functions and to develop applications using Excel as the platform
1. Building Solutions
- Course Overview
- Solution Concepts
- Data Entry Concepts
- Macro Concepts
- Programming Concepts
- Planning Macros
- Recording Macros
- Executing Macros
- Maintaining Macros
- Understanding Objects
- Using the Visual Basic Editor
- Understanding VBA Code
- Executing VBA Code
- VBA Help Reference
- Planning User Forms
- Designing User Forms
- Preparing for Deployment
- Code Security
- Creating Custom Toolbars
- Creating Custom Macro Buttons
- Attaching Toolbars
- Prompting for User Input
- Automating Data Entry
- Recording Absolute vs. Relative References
- Protecting VBA Source Code
- Writing Source Code
- Variables and Constants
- Writing Tips
- Logical Operators
- Flow Control
- Handling Errors
- Syntax Errors
- Logical Errors
- Run-Time Errors
- External References
- ActiveX Data Objects Concepts
- Connecting to a Database
- Retrieving Records from a Database
- Automation Concepts
- Working with Object Models
- Excel's Object Model
- Automating Excel
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Excel 2000/2002/2003 Level 2 or equivalent experience - Microsoft Excel 2000 - 2003 Level 2 (S1N2)
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 8188 times.