- Microsoft Access Training Seminars and Courses
- Microsoft Access 2007 Level 1 - Database Design (D171B)
In this two-day instructor-led course, you will be introduced to the basics of Microsoft Access 2007. You will learn to identify and work with the components of a database, including table design and customization, and entering data.
- Course Start Date: Dec. 21
- Location: Ottawa
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Access Training Seminars and Courses
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
In this two-day instructor-led course, you will be introduced to the basics of Microsoft Access 2007. You will learn to identify and work with the components of a database, including table design and customization, and entering data. You will also create several types of queries, edit and run queries, and use action and calculation queries. Finally, you will create several types of reports, enhance them, and print preview reports.
What You'll Learn
- Identify the components of a database and work with those components
- Open a table, find information stored there, and enter data
- Create and customize a table design
- Enter data into tables and ensure its accuracy by using input masks and input validation formulas
- Create relationships between tables to ensure data accuracy and to deploy referential integrity
- Create forms for entering data into tables and change the design elements that have been placed on those forms
- Create several query types, edit and run queries, and use action and calculation queries
- Create several report types, enhance reports, and print preview reports
- Import and export data to and from various sources, including text files and Excel
- Preview and print database objects and change the page setup options
Those who are new to Microsoft Access 2007
1. Database Concepts
- Getting Started
- Creating a Database
- Converting Access Files
- Working with Objects
- Using Access 2007 Help
- Table Concepts
- Viewing Data in a Table
- Changing the Datasheet Appearance
- Entering and Editing Data
- Applying Filters
- Creating a Table
- Changing the Table Design
- Data Entry Concepts
- Data Formats
- Input Masks
- Input Validation
- Adding Records
- Relationships Between Tables
- Creating a Relationship
- Referential Integrity
- Removing a Relationship
- Printing Relationships
- Creating a Form Using AutoForm
- Creating a Form Using the Form Wizard
- Creating a Form in Design View
- Opening a Form
- Changing a Form Design
- Adding Controls
- Placing Controls
- Multiple-Choice Controls
- Error Checking
- Using the Query Wizard
- Creating a Query in Design View
- Selecting and Sorting in a Query
- Action Queries
- Parameter Queries
- Creating Reports
- Using the Report Wizard
- Previewing Reports
- Creating Reports in Design View
- Changing Report Design
- Control Operations
- Control Attributes
- Importing and Exporting
- Importing a Text File
- Importing Data from an Access Database
- Exporting Data
- Troubleshooting Importing and Exporting Problems
- Printing Objects
- Print Preview
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Working knowledge of Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Vista.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Ottawa
360 Albert Street
Canada K1R 7X7
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 103 times.