- Microsoft Exchange Server Training
- Managing Messaging Security using Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 (M5049)
This one-day instructor-led course provides messaging specialists with the knowledge and skills to manage messaging security and policies.
- Course Outline
This one-day instructor-led course provides messaging specialists with the knowledge and skills to manage messaging security and policies. Students will learn how to manage messaging and connection security. They will also learn how to manage spam, anti-virus, and content filtering. And finally they will learn how to install and configure a gateway server.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Products (OMLP): 5049 - Managing Messaging Security using Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 (5049)
This course will help the student prepare for the following Microsoft Certified Professional exam:
- Exam 70-236: Implementing: Troubleshooting Exam and Maintaining a MS Exchange Server 2007 Infrastructure
- Manage anti-spam and antivirus features
- Configure edge transport servers
- Implement messaging policied
- Enterprise-level messaging administrators who have at least 3 years experience working in the IT field, including administering Exchange Servers
- IT generalists and help desk professionals who want to learn about Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Administrators should have some experience with Exchange Server 2007
1. Maintaining Antivirus and Anti-spam Systems
- Introduction to Antivirus and Anti-Spam Management
- Implementing Anti-spam Features
- Implementing Antivirus Features
- Deploying Edge Transport Servers
- Configuring Internet Message Delivery
- Configuring Security for Internet E-Mail
- Introducing Messaging Policy and Compliance
- Implementing Messaging Records Management
- Implementing Transport Rules
Lab 1. Maintaining Antivirus and Anti-Spam Systems
- Reviewing the Contents of the Spam Quarantine
- Discussion: Modifying Spam and Antivirus Settings
- Modifying Spam and Antivirus Settings
- Configuring SMTP Connectors to Secure SMTP E-Mail
- Implementing Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME)
- Configuring Managed E-Mail Folders
- Managing Transport Rules
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Working knowledge of malware, for example, approaches to scanning for viruses (client-based, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)-based, Exchange-based), methods that worms use to propagate, basic concepts of spam, phishing schemes, and unwelcome message content - Conceptual understanding of firewalls (e.g., how SMTP messages are allowed through a firewall - Working knowledge of how Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) is managed in the directory - Experience using these tools and applications: * NTBackup and NSLookup commands. * Windows Explorer * Microsoft Management Console (MMC) * Active Directory Users and Computers * Active Directory Sites and Services * Internet Information Services (IIS) Admin * Outlook - Working knowledge of Windows server operating system. For example, how storage is configured, basic backup and restore techniques, and what a client/server application interaction means - Working knowledge of network technologies. For example, what Transmission Control Protocol (TCP/IP) and Domain Name System (DNS) do and how to use them, basic routing concepts (Wide Area Networks (WAN) vs. Local Area Network (LAN) router vs. switch vs. hub) - Working knowledge of Active Directory. For example, how user objects are managed, what is stored in Active Directory partitions, basic architectures (domain, forest, sites, etc.), and how domain controllers are managed. Also, site and site connector configuration, schema and configuration partitions, and Global Catalogs - Working knowledge of Exchange Server 2007. For example, what the different server roles are, how the different server roles interact, what protocols the server roles use to communicate, what roles the clients connect to, how to configure messaging recipients and Exchange Server 2007 computers - Conceptual understanding of e-mail technologies. For example, that SMTP is a protocol used for e-mail and the differences between transport protocols and client access protocols (Post Office Protocol (POP), Internet Access Message Protocol (IMAP), SMTP) - Completion of the following equivalent knowledge: Configure and manage a messaging environment in accordance with technical requirements
- Eligible for SATV Purchase - 1 Day SATV Voucher
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 253 times.