Learn to determine the level of complexity of your project, develop tactics to manage that complexity, & discover strategies for taking your project team "to the edge of chaos" where innovation & creativity happen.
- Course Start Date: Mar. 13
- Location: Ottawa
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Fundamentals of Project Management
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Managing a complex project means not only having fantastic project management skills, but also understanding how to deal with the chaos of today's workplace. Technology, requirements, partnerships, and competitive strategies are continually updating and transforming and a strong project manager must learn how to adapt to these changes while leading the project to
successful completion. This class will help you master dealing with these complexities and lead with success.
Learn to determine the level of complexity of your project, develop tactics to manage that complexity, and discover strategies for taking your project team "to the edge of chaos" where innovation and creativity happen. Avoid being caught off guard by change, and prepare yourself with ways to optimize your team's performance and manage the unknown.
In class activities that comprise 75% of this course, you will practice determining complexity and learn how to keep your approach flexible to manage the constant adjustment of complex projects in today's workplace.
Students pursuing college credit recommendation or continuing education units must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- Systems thinking and project management
- Chaos theory and project management
- Skills needed to lead a complex project
- Complexity theory and how to assess your project complexity
- Right structure for complex projects
- Assessing risk for complex projects
- Project Managers
- IT Project Managers
- Project Leaders
- Senior Project Managers
- Program Managers who have senior responsibility for high-risk, high-dollar, high-reward projects and programs
1. The Complex Project
- Systems Thinking
- Chaos and Complexity Theory
- How these relate to project management
- Skills required
- Complex project competency self-assessment
- PMI competencies
- Start personal mastery plan
- What is complexity?
- Types of complexity
- Fitness landscape
- Chaos as it relates to complexity theory
- Complexity theory
- Linear and non-linear systems
- Complex adaptive systems
- Complex project toolkit
- Elements of project complexity
- Organization breakdown structure
- Work breakdown structure
- Use the complexity assessment tool (CAT)
- Strategies of planning and managing complex projects
- Selecting the right project management methodology
- How to incorporate that methodology into your current processes
- Types of risks in complex projects
- Approaches to identification
- Risk assessment and response planning
- Assess your leadership competencies
- Applying adaptive leadership to complex projects
- Communicating a vision
- Implementing strategies to encourage innovation and build a cohesive team
- Types of personal behaviors and how to get the most out of people
- Identifying techniques for leveraging complexity
- Develop Your Personal Mastery Plan
- Assess Project Complexity
- Stakeholder Analysis and Planning
- Risk Identification and Response Planning
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Project Management Fundamentals (PM01) - IT Project Management (PM11) - Applied Project Management (PM08)
- 21 PMI PDUs - 2.1 CEUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Ottawa
360 Albert Street
Canada K1R 7X7
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 23 times.