- Routing and Switching Network Engineer
- IPS - Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System v7.0
In this Global Knowledge-enhanced course, you will gain the skills required to deploy Cisco's network-based Intrusion Prevention System (IPS).
- Course Outline
Cisco Course 7.0 | IPS Sensor Software v7.0 | Prepares you for Cisco Exam 642-627 IPS.
In this Global Knowledge-enhanced course, you will gain the skills required to deploy Cisco's network-based Intrusion Prevention System (IPS). You will get an introduction to Cisco IPS platforms and managers, including:
- 4200 Series Sensors
- Catalyst 6000 Series Intrusion Detection Module 2 (IDSM-2)
- Advanced Inspection and Prevention Security Services Module (AIP-SSM)
- IPS Device Manager (IDM) GUI
- IPS Manager Express (IME)
What You'll Learn
- How Cisco IPS protects network devices from attacks
- Basic intrusion prevention terminology
- Intrusion prevention technologies and evasive techniques
- Cisco IPS Sensor platforms and their features
- Install and configure basic settings on a Cisco IPS 4200 Series Sensor
- Use the IDM to configure built-in signatures to meet the requirements of a given security policy
- Create and implement customized intrusion prevention signatures
- Create alarm filters to reduce alarms and possible false positives
- Configure the sensor with the command line and IDM
- Configure IPS protective reactions such as TCP reset and deny attacker inline
- Configure a Cisco IPS Sensor to perform blocking on IOS routers and Adaptive Security Appliances (ASAs) or PIX firewalls
- Perform maintenance operations such as signature updates
- Configure and monitor anomaly detection, passive OS fingerprinting, and virtual sensors
- Initialize and install remaining Cisco IPS family of products
- Utilize global correlation to adjust sensor actions based on the reputation of the source IP address
- Use the CLI and Cisco IDM to obtain system information
- Internal specifications of different signature engines
Cisco customers who implement and maintain Cisco IPS solutions Cisco channel partners who sell, implement, and maintain Cisco IPS solutions Cisco systems engineers who support the sale of Cisco IPS solutions
- Evaluating Intrusion Prevention and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Choosing Cisco IPS Software, Hardware, and Supporting Applications
- Evaluating Network IPS Traffic Analysis Methods
- Evasion Possibilities and Anti-Evasive Countermeasures
- Choosing a Network IPS and IDS Deployment Architecture
- Integrating into a Network
- Performing the Initial Setup
- Managing Cisco IPS Devices
- Configuring Basic Traffic Analysis
- Implementing Cisco IPS Signatures and Responses
- Configuring Signature Engines and the Signature Database
- Deploying Anomaly-Based Operation
- Customizing Traffic Analysis
- Managing False Positives and False Negatives
- Improving Alarm and Response Quality
- Installing and Integrating IME with IPS Sensors
- Managing and Investigating Events
- Reporting and Notifications
- Integrating IPS with SMN and MARS
- Using the Cisco IntelliShield Database and Services
- Using Cisco IPS Virtual Sensors
- Deploying Cisco IPS for High Availability and High Performance
- ASA AIP SSM and AIP SSC Modules
- ISR IPS AIM and IPS NME Modules
- IDSM-2 Module
Our IPS labs go above and beyond the standard Cisco IPS labs. Our most significant enhancement is the focus on signatures-the heart of IPS sensor technology. In fact, signatures are triggered in the very first lab that you will run in our class.
- Lab 1: Enhanced - Perform Cisco IPS Sensor Initial Setup
- Lab 2: Enhanced - Manage a Cisco IPS Sensor
- Lab 3: Enhanced - Configure and Modify Basic Cisco IPS Signatures and Responses
- Lab 4: Enhanced - Configure Cisco IPS Anomaly-Based Operation
- Lab 5: Enhanced - Configure Cisco IPS Custom Signatures
- Lab 6: Enhanced - Manage False Positives and Negatives
- Lab 7: Enhanced - Improve Alarm and Response Quality
- Lab 8: Enhanced - Use the Cisco IME
- Lab 9: Enhanced - Use Cisco IPS and Security Intelligence Web Resources
- Lab 10: Enhanced - Configure Policy Virtualization
- Prerequisites & Certificates
IINS - Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
35 Cisco Learning Credits * A Global Knowledge Exclusive: Bonus Lab Credits You'll receive five extra security e-Lab credits (good for 30 days) to review a topic after class, refine your skills, or get in extra practice-whatever lab activities complete your training.
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 3137 times.