- Microsoft Exchange Server Training
- Introduction to Installing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP1 (M5047)
At the end of this three-day course, you will learn how to configure and manage a messaging environment in accordance with technical requirements.
- Course Outline
At the end of this three-day course, you will learn how to configure and manage a messaging environment in accordance with technical requirements. You will learn how to install Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and manage routing, client access, and the backup and restore of databases. You will also learn how to manage addressing and recipient objects such as mailboxes, distribution groups, and contacts. Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Products (OMLPs) M5047B: Introduction to Installing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
What You'll Learn
- Describe how Exchange Server 2007 and the Active Directory directory service work together
- Install Exchange Server 2007
- Configure Mailbox server roles
- Manage recipient objects
- Manage e-mail and address lists
- Manage client access
- Manage Messaging Transport
- Manage availability, backup and recovery
- Maintain the messaging system
IT Professionals, IT generalists, and help desk professionals who want to learn about Exchange Server 2007
1. Overview of Exchange and Active Directory
- Review of Active Directory
- Introduction to the Integration of Active Directory and Exchange Server 2007
- Introduction to the Exchange Server 2007 Server Roles
- Installing Exchange Server 2007
- Completing the Exchange Server 2007 Installation
- Overview of Exchange Server 2007 Administration Tools
- Implementing Mailbox Server Roles
- Managing Public Folder Databases
- Managing Mailboxes
- Managing Other Recipients
- Overview of Managing Public Folders
- Configuring E-Mail Address Policies
- Configuring Address Lists
- Overview of Bulk Recipient Management Tasks
- Implementing Client Access Servers
- Implementing Client Access Features
- Implementing Outlook Web Access
- Introduction to Implementing Mobile Messaging
- Introduction to Message Transport
- Implementing High-Availability for Mailbox Servers
- Managing a Backup Solution
- Managing a Recovery Solution
- Overview of Implementing Change Management
- Overview of Updating Exchange Servers
Lab 1. Overview of How Exchange Server 2007 and Active Directory Work Together
- Discussion: Explaining How Exchange Server 2007 and Active Directory Work Together
- Preparing the Environment for an Exchange Server 2007 Installation
- Installing Exchange Server 2007 Client Access Server and Hub Transport Server Roles
Lab 4. Configuring Mailbox Servers
- Configuring Storage Groups and Database Files
- Configuring a Public Folder and Store Referrals
- Modifying Existing User Mailboxes
- Configuring New Mailboxes and Mail-Enabled Objects
- Managing Resource Mailboxes
- Managing Mailbox Removal
- Managing E-Mail Address Policies
- Managing Address Lists
- Performing Recipient Bulk Management Tasks
- Managing Mobile Device Connectivity
- Managing Outlook Web Access
- Troubleshooting Local Message Delivery
- Troubleshooting Remote Message Delivery
- Troubleshooting Message Transport
- Restoring Data using the Recovery Storage Group
- Determining the Information Necessary for Change Implementation
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- At least 3 years of experience working in the IT field, in the areas of network administration, help desk, or system administration; no experience with Exchange Server necessary - Working knowledge of Windows Server operating system - Working knowledge of network technologies (e.g., Transmission Control Protocol [TCPIP] and Domain Name System [DNS], basic routing concepts, Wide Area Networks [WAN] vs. Local Area Network [LAN] router vs. switch vs. hub) - Working knowledge of Active Directory - Conceptual understanding of e-mail technologies
- Eligible for SATV Purchase - 3 Day SATV Voucher
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 408 times.