- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Financial Management for Project Management Professionals (PM23)
This course offers a comprehensive approach to understanding the importance of financial management in managing projects & programs.
- Course Start Date: Jan. 31
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Fundamentals of Project Management
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This course offers a comprehensive approach to understanding the importance of financial management in managing projects and programs. Corporations invest a large amount of money in capacity creation based o certain financial assumptions that protect the assets of organizations. Project managers thus have the obligation and responsibility to ensure proper use of capital assigned to them and to meet all project objectives.
Time is money and project managers must appreciate the importance of financial management in financial accounting, managerial accounting, and corporate finance to make effective project decisions.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- Communicate to all stakeholders your contribution towards project financial management
- Gain focus on overall project management to maintain project profitability and performance
- Make informed decision with respect to pricing, contract and project risk management
- Maintain overall control of projects through proper cost estimation and management
- Anyone responsible for managing a budget, including project managers responsible for project budgets or interacting with finance department staff
- Those who wish to expand their knowledge and understanding of accounting and finance
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Asset and Contract Management
- Project Cost Estimation and Forecasting
- Project Pricing, Performance and Profitability
- Prerequisites & Certificates
21 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Toronto Bloor EAST
2 Bloor Street EAST
Canada M4W 1A8
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 19 times.