- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Establishing and Managing the Project Management Office (PM80)
This course offers the opportunity to engage in a complete examination of the Project Management Office, its role &purpose, the different models used &how an organization would approach establishing a PMO.
- Course Start Date: Apr. 4
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 4 days
12:00 PM - 06:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Fundamentals of Project Management
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This course offers the opportunity to engage in a complete examination
of the Project Management Office - its role and purpose, the different
models used, and how an organization would approach establishing a PMO.
Learn proven methods of establishing, managing, and achieving project
excellence with a PMO.
Build a detailed business case for the PMO that is synchronized with the strategy and vision of the organization. Include the recommended model, implementation plans, and costs. Identify the internal obstacles to implementation and create ways to overcome them. Learn how to gain stakeholder commitment. As you progress through the course, you'll delve into the details of establishing and managing an effective PMO. You'll examine governing boards and how to measure success for both the PMO and the projects that are launched from it.
Determine a set of detailed best practices that support multiple activities and approaches, including documentation, templates, and tools. Take a strategic view of the project portfolio and develop methods for PMO that allows you to understand and implement ways to complete more projects in shorter timelines with a higher return on investment and better stakeholder value.
Students pursuing professional development units must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge cheks, and score at least 70% on an end of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- Create an environment in which a PMO will thrive
- Identify the strategic plan
- Plan the appropriate portfolio
- Determine the PMO model
- Relate the PMO to project management
- Gain PMO sponsorship
- Implement the PMO
- Find the right PMO team
- Create the PMO services
- Determine PMO roles and responsibilities
- Enable organizational change and acceptance of the PMO
- Ensure PMO success
- Identify the business problem of a company
- Perform a cultural assessment of a company
- Perform a stakeholder analysis
- Create a business case for the PMO
- Analyze projects effectively
- Analyze maturity of project management processes
- Plan a PMO
- Choose a PMO governing board
- Establish data measures and data quality for projects
- Create standards for a project plan
- Document project selection criteria for the portfolio
PMO leaders and directors, project management center of excellence leaders and directors, senior project managers, CIOs, and vice presidents.
1. Setting the Stage for an Effective PMO
- What will executives embrace?
- Why PMO implementations fail
- What should a PMO do?
- Moving from the cost model to the throughput model
- Sub-systems that must be addressed
- The right marketing projects
- Reviewing available models
- Determining the model that fits
- Program management
- Resource management
- Cost management
- Training and mentoring
- Methods, processes, and metrics
- Making the case for a PMO - selling the idea
- Steps for creation
- The right people
- How to plan for the first year
- The proposal in detail
- The governance board and prioritization management
- Linking project progress to strategic objectives
- How to sell the plan
- Selecting the personnel
- Setting up a workspace
- Setting up a library
- Establishing a project portfolio reporting mechanism
- Resource management
- The service matrix
- Who should be there?
- What should they be doing?
- What value do they bring?
- Overview - Sustaining PMO value
- Delivery management and acceleration
- Reducing negative human behavior
- Managing in a multi-project environment
- What does it take to become mature?
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Project Management Fundamentals (PM01) - IT Project Management (PM11) - Applied Project Management (PM08)
- 21 PMI PDUs - 2.1 CEUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 24 times.