- Business and Enterprise Architecture Training
- Designing Strategically Aligned Public Sector Solutions (EBA250)
Through lecture & case study-driven workshops, you'll learn how to bridge the gap between planning & implementation. You'll relate the impact of different solution strategies on the EBA & be able to use EBA designs in Requests for Proposals (RFPs)...
- Course Start Date: Feb. 9
- Location: Ottawa
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Business and Enterprise Architecture Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Through lecture and case study-driven workshops, you will learn how to bridge the gap between planning and implementation. You will relate the impact of different solution strategies on the Enterprise Business Architecture (EBA) and be able to use EBA designs in Requests for Proposals (RFPs). You will learn the relationship between EBA and functional, information, business rules, and security requirements. You will learn to map the relationship between business processes and software services in Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA). You will also learn the nature and use of EA repositories to support architectural reuse.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn • Distinguish between strategically aligned solutions and traditional stovepipe solutions
• Use the target business and system models to ensure alignment of solution design
• Use enterprise integration strategies to align solutions with the target systems model
• Determine impact of the as-built/implemented solution on the target business and system model
• Validate business alignment through solution benefits realization and tracking
Course Outline 1. Planning Vs. Implementation
• Strategically Aligned Solutions vs. Traditional Stovepipe Solutions
• Planning a Transformation Initiative vs. Planning a Solution
• Project Portfolio Management vs. Project Management
• Role of the Enterprise Business Architect in Transitioning the Organization from Portfolio Planning to Solution Implementation
• Role of Architectural Governance in Project Portfolio Management and Solution Implementation Lifecycles
2. How Enterprise Models Support Solutions Strategies
• How Target Business and System Models Support the Selection and Implementation of a Solution Strategy
• Re-Use As Is
• Custom Building
? Extending Existing
? Building New
• Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) Software
? Acquire New
? Extend Existing (Additional Off-the-Shelf Functions)
• Using EBA Models to Support Solutions Acquisition
• Elaborating EBA Models in Project Repositories: Check Out/Check In
3. EBA and Functional Requirement Analysis
• Using the Function Model to Set the Scope of the Solution
• Using Business and System Use Cases to Align Solution with Business Requirements
? Specification Level
? Acceptance Testing Level
• Using the Logical Integration Model to Specify Integration with Legacy Systems
4. EBA and Information Requirements
• Using the Information Model to Define Solution Requirements for Managing Information
• Using Data Mastering to Define the Requirements for Data Integration
5. EBA and Business Rules
• Using the Policy Model to Define Solution Requirements for Managing Business Rules
• Strategies for Making Business Rules Available to Future Solutions
• Strategies for Making Legacy Systems' Business Rules Available for Re-Use by other Systems
6. EBA and Security and Privacy Requirements
• Using the Trust Model to Define Security and Privacy Requirements for Solutions (Authentication, Authorization, Administration)
• Using EBA Models to Support the Development of Privacy Impact Assessments and Threat Risk Assessments (TRAs)
• Using Role-Responsibility Models to Define User Privileges for Solutions
7. Aligning Application Services with Business Processes
• Using the Business Models to Ensure that Solution Designs Meet Cross-Functional Business Process Requirements
• Applying Use Case and Swim Lane Models to Align Application Services with Business Process Requirements
8. Solution Benefits Tracking - Closing the Loop on Alignment
• Role of Solution Benefits Tracking in Achieving Alignment and Completing Solution Architecture Validation
• What Is Needed to Meet Business Expectations and Project Commitments
• Defining Strategies for Tracking Benefits of the Solution
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Introduction to Business Architecture for the Public Sector (EBA210) Aligning Public Sector Business and IT Strategies (EBA240)
14 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Ottawa
360 Albert Street
Canada K1R 7X7
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 21 times.