- Voice Network Engineer
- CVOICE - Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Voice over IP and QoS v8.0
In this course, you'll gain an understanding of converged voice and data networks and the challenges faced by various network technologies.
- Course Start Date: Sep. 26
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days
08:30 AM - 06:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Voice Network Engineer
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Cisco Course v8.0 | Prepares you for Cisco Exam 642-437.
In this course, you'll gain an understanding of converged voice and data networks and the challenges faced by various network technologies. Addressing design, planning, and deployment practices, you will gain
comprehensive hands-on experience configuring and deploying VoIP networks.
In addition to the knowledge and skills required to integrate gateways into an enterprise VoIP network, you'll learn how to build and test a sophisticated IP telephony network that you can use as a template for a real deployment.
The course includes a comprehensive full day on Quality of Service (QoS), in which you'll learn to configure QoS to support real-time traffic.
We've extended the hours of this course-to 8:30am - 6:00pm each day-to give you the most complete training experience possible and to ensure you have time to absorb and fully grasp the in-depth content that will be covered.
Why Global Knowledge?
Every pod has internal and external phones, and just like in a real network, the same simulated public switched telephone network (PSTN) is accessible through all four clusters providing failover scenarios for bandwidth and connectivity problems. To more accurately reflect real-world scenarios, different area codes are deployed at all sites (two per cluster), and you will configure the gateway connections to simulated PBX systems.
We have set ourselves apart from other Cisco training providers by enhancing our CVOICE hands-on labs to include a real dial plan and Class of Service for calling out to the PSTN, branch offices, and PBXs. Our voice network labs use the latest hardware and software so you will gain experience with the recent stable IOS release (15.0(2) currently). Plus, every router has 2xFXS, 2xFXO, and 2xT1 ports (PRI and T1-CAS) as well as serial ports for WAN connectivity. All of our IP telephony courses provide a realistic simulated PSTN accessible through both PRI and FXO ports.
You will build and test a real dial plan including:
- 3-digit service codes: 411, 511, etc.
- 7-digit local numbers: 681-1901
- 10-digit local numbers: 416-681-1901
- 11-digit long distance numbers: 1-733-802-1901
- International numbers: 011441902
- Configure and test all dial peers as appropriate
- VoIP, components of a VoIP network, VoIP protocols, special requirements for VoIP calls, and Codecs
- Configure gateway interconnections to support VoIP and PSTN calls
- Basic signaling protocols used on voice gateways
- Configure a gateway to support calls using different call control and signaling protocols
- Define a dial plan, describing the purpose of each dial plan component, and implement a dial plan on a voice gateway
- Implement a Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) gateway to connect to an Internet Telephony Service Provider
- Exclusive - Investigate the use of various traditional telephony connections, such as FXS, FXO, E&M, T1 (CAS and PRI), and E1 (CAS and PRI)
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco's new ISR routers (2811s) and explore their DSP configuration (PVDM2-32 cards)
- Configure H.323 gateways and gatekeepers and review their functions and operation
- Configure Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)
- Experience G.711, G.723, and G.729 voice coding schemes
- Configure Call Admission Control three different ways
- Configure proper Caller ID
- Experience real-world connections to PBXs, Key Telephone Systems, and the PSTN
- Configure your router/gateway equipment to connect to our public dial plan network using different call control protocols and procedures
Students completing the CCNP Voice certification track Network engineers, architects, and support staff who: Maintain and configure voice and data network devices Are considering various methodologies to implement VoIP Require a fundamental understanding the issues and solutions related to implementation Require a fundamental understanding of packet telephony technologies that are common for both enterprise and service provider applications
1. Introduction to Voice Gateways
- Cisco UC Networks and the Role of Gateways
- Gateway Call Routing and Call Legs
- DSP Functionality, Codecs, and Codec Complexity
- Gateway Voice Ports Configuration
- VoIP Call Leg Characteristics
- VoIP Media Transmission
- H.323 Signaling Protocol
- SIP Signaling Protocol
- MGCP Signaling Protocol
- Requirements for VoIP Call Legs
- VoIP Call Legs Configuration
- Endpoint Requirements
- Endpoint Configuration
- Call Routing and Dial Plans
- Digit Manipulation
- Path Selection Configuration
- Calling Privileges Configuration
- Fundamentals of Gatekeepers
- Cisco Unified Border Element
- QoS Mechanisms and Models
- Classification, Marking, and Link Efficiency Mechanisms
- Managing Congestion and Rate Limiting
- Cisco AutoQoS
- Lab 1: Topology and Deployment
- Lab 2: Exclusive - Lab Familiarity
- Lab 3: Exclusive - VLAN, DHCP, and NTP Configuration
- Lab 4: Enhanced - Voice Port Configuration
- Lab 5: Enhanced - Communications Manager Express Configuration
- Lab 6: Enhanced - Dial Plan Lab 1: VoIP Dial Peers
- Lab 7: Enhanced - Dial Plan Lab 2: PSTN Dial Peers
- Lab 8: Exclusive - Configuring H.323 Gateways and Codec Parameters
- Lab 9: Exclusive - SIP Gateways
- Lab 10: Exclusive - Configuring SCCP and SIP Endpoints
- Lab 11: Dial Plan Lab 3: Digit Manipulation
- Lab 12: Dial Plan Lab 4: Configuring Path Selection
- Lab 13: Calling Privileges and Classes of Restriction
- Lab 14: Call Coverage
- Lab 15: Configuring Gatekeepers
- Lab 16: Exclusive - Call Admission Control
- Lab 17: Configuring Cisco Unified Border Element
- Lab 18: Configuring AutoQoS
- Lab 19: Exclusive - SIP Trunking
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals, including LANs, WANs, and IP switching and routing - Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 2 (ICND2) or equivalent internetworking skills and knowledge - Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and to enable VLANs and DHCP - Knowledge of traditional PSTN operations and technologies - ICND2 - Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 2 - ICOMM - Introducing Cisco Voice and UC Administration v8.0
37 Cisco Learning Credits
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration for this course has been closed.
This course may be available on a different date listed below.
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 63 times.