Gain the knowledge and skills to develop data-access applications by using the Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 in this three-day instructor-led workshop.
- Course Outline
Gain the knowledge and skills to develop data-access applications by using the Microsoft .NET Framework and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 in this three-day instructor-led workshop. You will learn how to access and update data in a database by using ADO.NET, and you will learn to create, read, and write XML data.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 2541: Core Data Access with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
This course will help you prepare for the following certifications:
- MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications
- MCPD: Windows Developer on Visual Studio 2005
- MCPD: Enterprise Applications Developer on Visual Studio 2005
- Connect to databases and read data
- Query and update databases by using commands
- Perform transactional operations
- Perform disconnected operations programmatically
- Perform disconnected operations by using Visual Studio 2005 wizards
- Perform XML operations on disconnected data
- Read and write XML data
- Process XML data by using the Document Object Model DOM
Corporate and Independent Software Vendor (ISV) application developers who want to learn more about specific technology areas in distributed application development
1. Connecting to Databases and Reading Data
- Connecting to a Database and Reading Data
- Connection Pooling
- ADO.NET Commands
- Passing Parameters into Commands
- What a Transaction Is
- Managing Local Transactions
- Managing Distributed Transactions
- Isolation Levels
- The ADO.NET Disconnected Model
- Loading and Saving Data in a DataSet
- Comparing Untyped DataSets with Typed DataSets
- Table Adapters
- Demonstration: Creating a Typed DataSet by Using Visual Studio 2005 Wizards
- XML Representations of DataSets
- Serially Reading XML Data
- Serially Writing XML Data
- What DOM Is
- DOM Trees
- Types of XML Nodes in a DOM Tree
Lab 1: Connecting to Databases and Reading Data
- Connecting to a Database
- Saving a Connection String Securely in an Application Configuration File
- Retrieving Data from a Database
- Handling Connection Events and Exceptions
- Configuring and Using Connection Pooling
- Creating and Running Query Commands
- Creating and Running Parameterized Commands
- Creating and Running Update Commands
- Using Globalized Formats for Storing and Accessing Data
- Performing Data Updates within a Transaction
- Choosing an Appropriate Isolation Level for a Transaction
- Enlisting in a Distributed Transaction
- Managing Transactions in the Data Tier
- Creating a DataSet Programmatically
- Populating and Saving a DataSet
- Adding, Modifying, and Deleting Data in a DataSet
- Merging DataSets
- Creating and Using DataViews
- Creating a Typed DataSet by Using the DataSet Designer
- Loading, Displaying, and Saving Data in a Typed DataSet
- Adding Code to a Typed DataSet
- Creating a Typed DataSet by Using the Data Source Configuration Wizard
- Adding Queries to a Table Adapter
- Saving a DataSet as XML Data
- Loading a DataSet from XML
- Saving and Loading DataSet Schema Information
- Writing XML Data by Using XmlWriter
- Reading XML Data by Using XmlReader
- Reading XML Data by Using DOM
- Writing XML Data by Using DOM
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- 6071: Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications Using Visual Studio .NET - Ability to manage a solution environment using the Visual Studio 2005 integrated development environment IDE and tools - Understanding of the .NET Framework 2.0 and the Common Language Runtime - Ability to program an application using a .NET Framework 2.0 compliant language - Ability to make assemblies available to other applications - A good understanding of basic relational database concepts - Ability to use basic SQL commands A good understanding of XML including XML declaration, elements, attributes, and namespaces - Ability to explain XML schema concepts - Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (M2310D)
Certificate of Completion * 3 Day SATV Voucher
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 524 times.