- Microsoft Windows Server Training
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Internet Information Services 7.0 in Windows Server 2008 (M6427)
Prepare to configure, manage & support Internet Information Services 7.0 (IIS 7.0) in an enterprise environment in this course that incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 6427: Configuring & Troubleshooting Internet Info...
- Course Outline
Prepare to configure, manage, and support Internet Information Services 7.0 (IIS 7.0) in an enterprise environment in this course that incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 6427: Configuring and Troubleshooting Internet Information Services in Windows Server 2008.
Who Needs to Attend
Individuals who want to become web server administrators in an enterprise environment or who are assuming a new role requiring skills to manage content served by an IIS 7.0 web server over the Internet, an intranet, and an extranet; Web-based applications developers with networking skills who wish to learn more about IIS 7.0.
What You'll Learn
- Install the Web Server role using Server Manager, on Server Core, and from an unattended setup
- Configure IIS role services such as HTTP, security, performance and diagnostics, and management features
- Configure IIS 7.0 web sites and application pools
- Configure application settings using ASP.NET
- Configure and manage modules in IIS 7.0
- Secure web sites and servers
- Configure delegation and remote administration
- Use command line tools like PowerShell and AppCmd for scripting IIS 7.0
- Configure web sites and servers for the best performance
- Ensure high availability of web farms using backup and restore, Network Load Balancing, and shared configurations
- Use various tools to troubleshoot common web server-related issues with authentication, authorization, communication, and configuration
1. Configuring an IIS 7.0 Web Server
- Introducing Internet Information Services 7.0
- Installing the Web Server Role
- Installing Configuring Application Development, Health and Diagnostics, and HTTP Features
- Configuring Performance, Security, and SMTP Features
- Introducing Web Sites and Application Pools
- Creating and Configuring Web Site Applications
- Creating and Configuring a New Application Pool
- Maintaining an Application Pool
- Configuring Application Settings
- Configuring ASP.NET Security
- An Overview of IIS 7.0 Modules
- Reviewing Native Module Functionality
- Configuring Native Modules
- Configuring Managed Modules
- Configuring Secure Web Sites and Servers
- Configuring Other Aspects of Web Server Security
- Configuring Logging for IIS 7.0
- Configuring Remote Administration
- Configuring Delegated Administration
- Configuring Feature Delegation
- Tools for Running Administrative Tasks in IIS
- Executing Scripts for Administrative Tasks
- Managing IIS Tasks
- Implementing Best Practices for Improving IIS Performance
- Configuring Options to Improve IIS Performance
- Managing Application Pools to Improve IIS Performance
- Backing Up and Restoring Web Sites
- Introducing Shared Configurations
- Working with Shared Configurations
- Configuring Network Load Balancing for IIS
- Using IIS 7.0 Logging for Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Authentication and Authorization
- Troubleshooting Communication
- Troubleshooting Configuration
Lab 1: Configuring an IIS 7.00 Web Server
Lab 2: Configuring IIS 7.0 Web Sites and Application Pools
Lab 3: Configuring IIS 7.0 Application Settings
Lab 4: Configuring and Editing IIS 7.0 Modules
Lab 5: Securing the IIS 7.0 Web Server and Web Sites
Lab 6: Configuring Delegation and Remote Administration
Lab 7: Using Command-Line and Scripting for IIS 7.0 Administration
Lab 8: Tuning IIS 7.0 for Improved Performance
Lab 9: Ensuring Web Site Availability with Web Farms
Lab 10: Troubleshooting IIS 7.0 Web Servers
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- 6121: Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 - At least 1 year of experience administering and supporting a web server role using Windows Server 2003 - Network + certification
- Eligible for SATV purchase - 3 Day SATV Voucher
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 308 times.