In this course, you will cover critical aspects of a consulting engagement, emphasizing a collaborative problem-solving approach to the client/consultant relationship.
- Course Start Date: Dec. 22
- Location: Toronto
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Consultant Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
From a client's perspective, the primary responsibilities of a consultant are to analyze a problem or opportunity, apply industry and domain-specific knowledge, and recommend solutions. In this course, you will cover these critical aspects of a consulting engagement, emphasizing a collaborative problem-solving approach to the client/consultant relationship.
To make the most of your classroom experience, you must complete exercises before and after the classroom sessions.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- The Consulting Engagement Life Cycle
- Understand the Client
- Understand the Issue, Opportunity, or Problem
- Construct the Solution
- Develop the Recommendation
Project managers, business analysts, IT professionals, engineers, and others in technical roles who are
seeking to become practitioner technical consultants or who wish to become more consultative in their work with their internal or external clients
Pre-Work: Preparation Phase
- Pre-Course Self-assessment
- Pre-Course Reading and Discussion with Manager/Mentor
- Personal Needs Analysis
- Introduction to Key Models
- Emphasis on the Second Step: Gathering and Analyzing Data
- Three Key Success Factors
- Understanding the Client
- Understanding the Problem
- Developing the Recommendation
- Balancing Client and Consultant Needs
- The Consultant/Client Service Chain
- Dependencies and Accountabilities
- Client Motivators
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Collecting and Organizing Data
- Identifying and Analyzing the Performance Gap
- Defining Success Criteria
- Cause and Effect - Contributing Factor Analysis
- Control/Impact Analysis
- Pattern Breaking
- Assessing Alternatives
- Action and Effect - Operational Impact Analysis
- Operational Scenarios
- Selecting the Optimal Solution
- Formulating Your Recommendation
- One Recommendation or More?
- The Distinction between Optimal Solution and Recommendation
- The Essential Elements of a Recommendation
- Post-Class: Performance Phase
- Online Challenge Quiz
- Review of Key Models and Tools
- Review with Manager/Mentor:
- Key Learning
- Key Models and tools
- Initial application to Specific Job Responsibilities
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Consulting Fundamentals or practical experience as a consultant and solid knowledge of the topics covered in that course, including the role of the consultant, key consulting processes, and the consulting life cycle - Consulting Fundamentals (CO10)
15 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Toronto Bay St
10th Floor, 401 Bay Street
Canada M5H 2Y4
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 46 times.