In this course, you will learn the concepts, models, tools, and techniques to actively participate in the planning and scoping of the renewal of systems that will enable a business transformation initiative.
- Course Start Date: Feb. 7
- Location: Ottawa
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Business Analysis Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn the concepts, models, tools, and techniques to actively
participate in the planning and scoping of the renewal of systems that
will enable a business transformation initiative.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- Importance of alignment between business strategy and IT strategy
- Work with Information, Application, Technology, Security, and Lead Systems Architects to plan and scope a target systems architecture that is aligned with business strategy
- Define a set of deliverables that will allow for the creation of an investment business case and a migration plan to implement the target systems model
- Benefits of a disciplined approach to planning and scoping enterprise system implementations aligned with business strategies
Public sector policy and planning analysts, program review analysts, business architects, business analysts, business designers, business solution consultants, business transformation analysts and designers
1. Business and IT Strategies: The Path to Alignment
- What Business Strategy and IT Strategy Are - Their Premises, Drivers, and Goals
- IT Strategy Relative to Business Strategy: (e.g., Governance, Stakeholders, Accountabilities, Capabilities, Processes)
- Why Aligning IT Strategy with Business Strategy Is Critical
- Steps Involved in Developing an Aligned IT Strategy
- Critical Success Factors for an Aligned IT Strategy
- Why an IT Vision and Set of Guiding Principles are Critical to IT Strategy Development Success
- Purpose and Use of the Models in IT Strategic Planning, and their Inter-Relationships
- Information Model and Its Relationship to Information Architecture
- Transformation of the Information Model, from the Conceptual to the Logical Level
- Using Information Architecture Principles to Demonstrate Alignment of Target Information Model with High-Level Business Requirements
- Function Model and Its Relationship to Applications Architecture
- Transformation of the Function Model, from the Conceptual to the Logical Level:
- Using Case Modeling
- Crud Matrix Affinity Analysis
- Functional Pattern Analysis
- Using Applications Architecture Principles to Demonstrate Alignment of Target Function Model with High-Level Business Requirements
- Using Function and Information Models
- Application Integration Requirements (Function to Function)
- Data Mastering Requirements (Information Synchronization)
- Network Model and Its Relationship to Technology Architecture
- Trust Model and Its Relationship to Security Architecture
- Transformation of the Network Model, from the Conceptual to the Logical Level
- Using Technology Architecture Principles to Demonstrate Alignment of Target Network Model with High-Level Business Requirements
- Using Security Architecture Principles to Demonstrate Alignment of the Target Trust Model with High-Level Business Requirements
- Current Systems Assessment Framework (Business Value vs. Technical Quality)
- Assessing Alignment of Current Systems Portfolio with Logical Models to Identify Functional, Information, Technical and Security Gaps, and Overlaps
- Other Criteria Used In Systems Assessment
- User Satisfaction
- Technology Platforms
- Operational Costs
- Transformation of the Logical Systems Model to the Target Systems Model
- Current Systems Portfolio Assessment
- Constraint Analysis
- Assessing the Alignment of the Target Systems Model to the Logical Model
- Business, Organization, and Technology Prerequisites for Implementing the Target Systems Model (from the AS IS to the TO BE)
- Developing Implementation Strategies that are Tuned to the Organization's Culture and Ability to Implement the Target Systems Model
- Using Estimating Techniques to Cost the Business, Information, Application, and Technology Work Packages
- Partitioning and Organizing Implementation Work Packages to Minimize Dependencies and Maximize Organizational Buy-In
- Describing to Stakeholders the Cost Estimates Development and Impacts of Strategy Implementation, Possibly for More than One Implementation Scenario
- Justification and Approval of the Implementation Plan within the Broader Business Transformation Process
- Development of the Business Case
- Implementation of Business and IT Strategy as a Portfolio Management Process
- Managing Changing Priorities
- Benefits Tracking
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Introduction to Business Architecture for the Public Sector (EBA210)
14 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Ottawa
360 Albert Street
Canada K1R 7X7
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 12 times.