- Routing and Switching Network Engineer
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1(ICND1) Live & Online
This course focuses on providing the skills and knowlege necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprice network, including configuring a switch and a router and connecting to a WAN and implementing network security.
- Course Outline
This course focuses on providing the skills and knowlege necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprice network, including configuring a switch and a router and connecting to a WAN and implementing network security. A student should be able to complete configuration and implementation of a small branch office network under supervision. This course is intended for network technicians, network administrators, and technical support personnel.
Audience Network technicians, network administrators, and technical support personnel.
Skills taught Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Describe how networks function, identifying major components, function of network components and the Open System Interconnection (OSI) reference model
• Use the host-to-host packet delivery process to describe issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues
• Describe the reasons for extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used with a focus on RF wireless access
• Describe the reasons for connecting networks with routers and how routed networks transmit data through networks using TCP/IP
• Describe the function of Wide Are Networks (WANs), the major devices of WANs and configure PPP encapsulation, static and dynamic routing, PAT and RIP routing
• Use the command line interface to discover neighbors on the network and manage the router's startup and configuration
Course outline • Building a Simple Network
• Ethernet Local Area Networks
• Wireless Local Area Networks
• Exploring the Functions of Routing
• Wide Area Networks
• Network Environment Management
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Basic computer literacy.
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 338 times.